A search is performed on D365 SCM for any unprocessed warehouse sales order records (identified using CICWHOSTATUS=PENDING). If a record is found, it is analyzed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the Sales order composite XML record is translated to EDI 940 and sent to the warehouse trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to retrieve the Sales Order composite and transform it to EDI X12 940 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure the Process Schedulers: LaunchWarehouseShippingOrderPS is scheduled to run every hour; adjust if necessary. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules
- Configure D365 SCM: If the Warehouse SalesOrder is to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available sales orders in D365 SCM, then these custom fields must be configured with appropriate values.
- SALESORDERHEADERV2ENTITY/CICSOURCE= CIC_EDI
- SALESORDERHEADERV2ENTITY/WHO STATUS=Pending
Only the Sales Order composite records in Pending WHO status will be searched for.
- Configure the Outbound Route: The Customer account id retrieved in WarehouseShippingOrder payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the WarehouseShippingOrder is to be sent. The Customer account id is used in the look-up against the table "D365_SCM_Partners'' to find the Trading Partner name. If the Trading Partner name does not match the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using the Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_856v4010OR - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010 package.
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 940 envelope details and the Trading Partner Endpoint to which the X12 940 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_940v4010ENV - in the Trading Partner project under com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n940.v4010 package. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the wizard-input.properties file are added to the sender and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the _TP_940v4010ENV must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the process flow by launching LaunchWarehouseShippingOrderBPS.bps.
- Automatically run LaunchWarehouseShippingOrderPS.sched to kick off automatically based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors
- A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases
- See Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals at which Sales Orders composite records are retrieved from the D365SCM. The LaunchWarehouseShippingOrderPS scheduler residing in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n940.v4010 package is configured to retrieve warehouse Sales Orders composite every hour by default. Change the schedule to run more frequently or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Add more details to the X12 940 from the D365 SCM Sales Orders. The values being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Spec template - in the com.cleo._customer_.edid365scm project under docs folder.
Note: If additional fields are required, you must update the ruleset _TP_940v4010RS - in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n940.v4010 package.
- If you want to modify the Sales order composite V3 source schema, you must update the corresponding DynamicsSCMSalesOrderCompositeV3.xsd located in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm/xsd. After the xsd has been updated, the SalesOrderCompositeV3OBJ.xml.objSchema located in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm.salesOrder must be updated using the revised xsd. See Creating XML Schemas for more information.
- Contact Cleo support if you need assistance.