A search for Inventory records is performed on D365 SCM. If a record is found, it is analyzed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, Inventory XML is translated to EDI 846 and sent to the Trading Partner.
This section explains how to configure the flow to retrieve the Inventory and transform it to EDI X12 846 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure the Process Schedulers: LaunchInventoryPS is scheduled to run every hour; adjust if necessary. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Configure D365 SCM: If the Inventory is to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available orders in D365 SCM.
- Configure the Outbound Route:
- The INVENTORYWAREHOUSEID retrieved in Inventory source payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the Inventory Inquiry/Advice is supposed to be sent to.
- The WareHouse id is used to find the Trading Partner name in the table "D365_SCM_Partners''. If the Trading Partner name is not matching with the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using Wizard, you need to update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_846v4010OR - in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010 package
If the TP name does not match the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using the Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_856v4010OR - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010 package.
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 846 envelope details and the Trading Partner Endpoint to which the X12 846 is to be sent must be configured in _TP_846v4010ENV - in the Trading Partner project under com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010 package. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the wizard-input.properties file are added to the sender and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the _TP_846v4010ENV object must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesOrderInvoiceBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderInvoicePS to kick off automatically based on the interval specified and flow is triggered.
- Monitor the flow
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors: A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals at which Sales Orders composite records are retrieved from D365SCM. The LaunchWarehouseShippingOrderPS scheduler in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010 package is currently configured to retrieve warehouse Sales Orders composite every hour. Change the schedule to run more frequently or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Add more details to the X12 846 from the D365 SCM Sales Orders. The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Spec template - in the com.cleo._customer_.edid365scm project under docs folder.
Note: If additional fields are required, you must update the ruleset _TP_846v4010RS - in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010 package.
- If you want to modify the Inventory source schema, you must update the corresponding DynamicsSCMInventory.xsd located in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm/xsd. After the xsd has been updated, the InventoryOBJ.xml.objSchema, located in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm.Inventory must be updated using the revised xsd. See Creating XML Schemas for more information.
- Contact Cleo support if you need assistance.
- Creating XML Schemas
- Transaction Monitoring: Messages and Jobs
- Using the CIC Studio Auditor
- Creating and Defining Process Schedules
- Creating XML Schemas