When an inbound 850 is received from the trading partner endpoint, the ReceiveEDIEvent is triggered that tries to find the matching inbound route. If found, the EDI message is translated to D365 BC SalesOrder JSON and posted to D365 BC.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration to process the Inbound Purchase Order that is received from the Trading Partner to and create the corresponding Standard Sales Order on D365 BC.
How To Configure the Flow
- Configure the Inbound Route
The Inbound Route will be set up with the Sender ID as trading partner name, and the Receiver ID as the customer name that was supplied in the Wizard properties file. (resources/wizard-input.properties).
If additional changes are needed, then _TP_850v4010IR will need to be edited. This Inbound Route can be found in the
- Configure the 997 Enveloper
The 997 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the 997 has to be sent should be configured in _TP_997ENV, which can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n997package, as part of the trading partner project.
How To Run the Flow
- Deploy the following projects:
Note: If there are projects already deployed but not modified, they do not have to be deployed.
- Configure the Exit Points as follows.
- Configure the Data Flow. Add a new data flow with the required source endpoint, and select Transformation for the target endpoint. For the event, select com.extol.ebi.lib.ReceiveEDIEvent.
- Monitor the flow by using the following:
- CIC Studio Auditor log entries
- CIC Cockpit views: Messages, Jobs, Dashboard>Charts
In case of errors:
If any of the processing steps fail, a ticket is created with the details; the same is visible in the CIC Cockpit's Message and job views with the Issue Flag. Below are examples.
Error in Tile View
Message Detail with error
Error in a Job view
If the Trading Partner configuration is not found, then a ticket is created and an optional email alert is generated.
If the file fails to process due to invalid EDI syntaxes, then a ticket is created and the rejected 997 is sent to the trading partner.
How to Customize
You can add more details while creating the Sales Order on D365 BC, or add specific business logic while creating the sales order on D365 BC.
- The Sales order on D365 BC is currently created with data that is required to successfully process orders. The values being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification (X12_D365BC_Integration_Design_Specification.xlsx) present in the Docs folder in the
However, if adding additional fields, then the following Rulesets must be updated accordingly: _TP_850v4010HeaderRS and _TP_850v4010LinesRS. Always contact Cleo support if you need any assistance while adding additional rules.