A search is performed on D365 BC to look for any unprocessed Sales Order confirmation records. If the record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the Sales Order confirmation JSON is translated to EDI 855 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between D365 BC to retrieve the Sales Order confirmation and transform the same to EDI X12 855 format for the trading partner integration.
How to Configure the Flow
- Configure Process Schedulers. The LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationPS.sched runs once every hour. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details about additional configuration.
- The following configuration takes place on D365 BC. If the SalesOrder confirmation should get converted to EDI, and then sent to trading partners from all the available sales orders in D365 BC, then the sales order has to be released and the custom field SalesOrder/CIC_Status should be configured with a Pending value.
- Configure your Outbound Route.
- The Sell to customer no present in the Sales Order payload is used to identify the trading partner to whom the Sales Order Acknowledgement is supposed to be sent to.
- The Sell to customer id is used in the look-up against the table D365_BC_Partners' to find the trading partner name. If the trading partner name does not match tpname (during project creation using the wizard), you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name. This is done in _TP_855v4010OR which can be found in the
- Configure the EDI Enveloper. The X12 855 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 855 has to be sent should be configured in _TP_855v4010ENV residing in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010package found in the trading partner project. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name that is entered in the Wizard property file will have been added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to any of the enveloping details, then the Enveloper object must be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Deploy the following projects. Make sure that any project that has been edited is redeployed.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationBPS using LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationPS to execute the flow based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit tile with error
Example of Cockpit job with error
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- The LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationPS scheduler can be changed from the default retrieval rate of 1 hour to specific requirements. This will change how often Sales Order Confirmation records will be retrieved from D365 BC.
This Process Scheduler can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010package. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- You could also add more details to the X12 855 from the D365 BC Sales Orders. The values that are being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification available in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bcproject (Docs folder). However, when adding new fields, be sure to update the _TP_855v4010RS Ruleset accordingly. This Ruleset can be found in the com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010 package.
Contact Cleo support for assistance.