A search request is performed on D365 BC to look for any unprocessed shipment records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, D365 BC Shipment JSON is translated to EDI 856 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to:
- retrieve the shipment records
- transform the shipment records to EDI X12 856 format
How to Configure
- Configure the Process Scheduler: LaunchSalesShipmentPS is scheduled to run once every hour. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules more information.
- Configure D365 BC: If the shipment record is to be converted to EDI and then sent to the trading partners from all the available item fulfillments in the D365 BC, then the custom field PostedSalesShipment/CIC_Status must be configured with a Pending value.
- Configure the Outbound Route (_TP_856v4010OR).
- The Sell to customer no mentioned in the shipment source payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the 856 is to be sent.
- The Sell to customer id is used in the look-up against the table D365_BC_Partners to find trading partner name. If trading partner name does not match the tpname (during project creation with wizard), then you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name. This route is found in the
- Configure the EDI Enveloper (_TP_856v4010ENV). The X12 856 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 856 has to be sent should be configured in the Enveloper. This is found in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010package, as part of the trading partner project. By default, both Customer Name and the TP Name (as entered in the wizard property file) will have been added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to enveloping details, then the Enveloper must be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Deploy the following projects. Make sure that any project that has been edited is redeployed.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesShipmentBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesShipmentPS to execute the flow automatically based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases
- See Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals at which Item Fulfillments are retrieved from D365BC. The LaunchSalesShipmentPS scheduler (in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010package) is currently configured to retrieve shipments once every hour. Adjust per your requirements. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Add more details from the D365BC Shipment to the X12 856. The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification which can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bcproject (Docs folder)
If additional fields are required, you must update the Ruleset TP_856v4010RS (from the D365bc Shipment) accordingly. This can be found in the
Always contact Cleo Support for assistance if needed.