A search is performed on D365BC to look for any unprocessed invoice records. If the record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, then the D365BC Invoice (JSON) is translated to an EDI 810, and then sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to:
- retrieve the Invoices
- transform the Invoices to EDI X12 810 format
How to Configure the Flow
- Configure the Process Scheduler: LaunchSalesInvoicePS is scheduled to run every 1 hour. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more information.
- Configure D365 BC: If the Invoice is to be converted to EDI and then sent to trading partners from all the available invoices in D365BC, then the custom field PostedSalesInvoice/CIC_Status must be configured with a Pending value.
- Configure the Outbound Route.
- The Sell to customer no mentioned in the shipment source payload identifies the trading partner to which the 810 is sent.
- The Sell to customer id is used in the look-up against the table D365_BC_Partners to find the trading partner name. If the name does not match the tpname (during project creation with the wizard), you must update the Outbound Route _TP_810v4010OR to reflect the matching name. This route is in the
- Configure the EDI Enveloper _TP_810v4010ENV. The X12 810 envelope details and trading partner endpoint to which the 810 is to be sent should be TBy default, Customer name and the TP Name (as entered in the wizard property file) will have been added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, then the enveloper must be updated accordingly. The object can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010package, as part of the trading partner project.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize the Flow
- Change the intervals at which Invoices are retrieved from D365SCM. The LaunchSalesOrderInvoicePS scheduler (in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010package) is currently configured to retrieve Invoices once every hour. Adjust per your requirements.
- Add more details from the D365BC Invoice to the X12 810. The values that are being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365scmproject under docs folder.
Note: if additional fields are required, you must update the following Ruleset accordingly.
TP_810v4010RS (from the D365bc Invoice) is in the
Contact Cleo Support for assistance.