A search request is performed in Netsuite to look for inventory records for a particular item. When a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match then the inventory record (csv data) is translated to an EDI 846 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between NetSuite to retrieve the inventory records and Transform the same to EDI X12 846 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers: Set the LaunchNetsuiteInventory846PSScheduler to initiate the 846 flow. This can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.inventrory.n846package. The Scheduler runs every 4 hours by default. Configure the specific time interval based on your specific requirements.
- Configure the Outbound Route: Use the Customer_Name field to identify the Trading Partner to whom the Inventory records should be sent.
- Configure the EDI Enveloper: The X12 846 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 846 has to be sent should be _TP_846v4010ENV (found in trading partner Project/
com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010package). By default, the customer name and the tp name entered in the Wizard property file are added to the sender id and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, _TP_846v4010ENV must also be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Deploy the following projects. Make sure that any project that has been edited is redeployed.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchNetsuiteInventory846BPS.
- Automatically run LaunchNetsuiteInventory846BPS to execute the flow based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit tile with error
Example of Cockpit job with error
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals for retrieving Inventory from NetSuite.
The LaunchNetsuiteInventory846PS scheduler (found in
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.inventory.n846package) is currently configured to retrieve orders once every hour. You can change this to run more or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more info.
- Add more details to the X12 846 from the NetSuite invoice.
The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification, which can be found in
com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuiteproject under the docs folder. To add more fields, you must update the _TP_846v4010RS Ruleset, which can be found in the
Contact Cleo Support for assistance when adding Rules.
Please sign in to leave a comment.