A search request is performed on D365 BC to look for item card records where "Vendor_No" is not null. Item records for all the vendors are found, which are parsed based on the "Vendor_No" and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, D365 BC ItemCard JSON is translated to EDI 846 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between D365 BC to retrieve the item card records and transform the same to EDI X12 846 format for the trading partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure the Process Schedulers: LaunchInventoryPS is scheduled to run every hour; adjust if necessary. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Configure the Outbound Route:
- The Vendor_No mentioned in itemcard source payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the 846 is supposed to be sent to.
- The Vendor_No (which is also Sell to customer id in D365 BC) is used in the look-up against the table
D365_BC_Partnersto find the Trading Partner name. If the Trading Partner name is not matching with the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using Wizard, you need to update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_846v4010OR present in
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 846 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 846 is to be sent must be configured in _TP_846v4010ENV - in the Trading Partner project under the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010package. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name that is entered in the Wizard property file are added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details the same enveloper object must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchInventoryBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchInventoryPS to kick off automatically based on the interval specified and flow is triggered.
- Monitor the flow
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors: A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit. Examples are shown here:
For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals at which Item Cards are retrieved from D365 BC. The LaunchInventoryPS scheduler in
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010package is currently configured to retrieve shipment records once daily. Change the schedule to run more frequently or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Add more details to the X12 846 from the D365 BC ItemCard. The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Spec found in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bcproject under the docs folder.
Note: If additional fields are required, you must update the Ruleset _TP_846v4010RS accordingly. This can be found in the
Contact Cleo support if you need assistance.
- Transaction Monitoring: Messages and Jobs
- Using the CIC Studio Auditor
- Creating and Defining Process Schedules