When an inbound 945 is received from a trading partner endpoint, the ReceiveEDI Event is triggered and tries to find the matching Inbound Route. When found, the EDI message is translated to a D365 BC SalesOrder (or TransferOrder) JSON and posted to D365 BC.
This section explains the configuration settings required to process the Inbound Warehouse Shipping Advice that is received from the Third-Party logistic Partner and then update the existing Sales Order and Transfer Order on D365 BC.
How to Configure
- Configure Inbound Route: The Route will be set up with Sender ID as the trading partner name, and Receiver ID as the customer name. This was supplied in the wizard properties file (accelerator-input.properties file in the resources folder). If there are changes, you must update the _TP_945v4010IR (in the package
- Configure the 997 Enveloper. The X12 945 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 940 has to be sent should be configured in _TP_945ENV (in the trading partner project under the package
How to Run Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Configure the Exit Points as shown here:
- Configure the Data Flow. Add a new data flow to select the required source endpoint. Set the target endpoint as Transformation, and select the event com.extol.ebi.lib.ReceiveEDIEvent.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit. Below are screenshots of Cockpit Tiles and Job displaying errors, respectively.
- If the trading partner configuration is not found, a ticket is created, and an optional email alert is also generated.
- If the file fails to process due to invalid EDI syntaxes, a ticket is created and the rejected 997 is sent to the trading partner.
Example of Cockpit Tiles with Errors
Example of Cockpit Message Details List with Errors
- Example of Cockpit Error Job
How to Customize
Add more details or specific business logic while updating the Sales/Transfer Order on D365 BC.
The sales order on D365 BC is currently updated with required data successfully. The values being mapped are documented in the Integration design spec (X12_D365BC_Integration_Design_Specification) in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bc project under the docs folder. However, if adding fields, then the following Rulesets must also be updated accordingly:
- _TP_945v4010SOHeaderRS and _TP_945v4010SOLinesRS for sales order
- _TP_945v4010TOHeaderRS and _TP_945v4010TOLinesRS for transfer order
These can be found in
Please contact Cleo Support if needing assistance.