A search request is performed on Netsuite to look out for Purchase Order, Return Authorization with status as Pending receipt, and Transfer Order with status as Pending receipt /Partially Fulfilled custbody_943_integration_status field value is Ready. If a matching record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a matching outbound route, data is translated to EDI 943 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration between NetSuite to retrieve the transaction type records and transform it into EDI X12 943 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers: LaunchNetsuiteWHSTShipmentAdvice943PS residing in com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.warehouse.stockTransferShipmentAdvice is scheduled to run every 4 hours. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details.
- Configure NetSuite: If Purchase Order, Transfer Order, and Return authorization are supposed to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners, then the field custbody_943_integration_status should contain the keyword Ready in its value.
- Configure the Outbound Route: The Entity -To Location Internal ID is used to identify the Location to which the WareHouse Shipment Advice is to be sent.
The internal ID is used in the look-up against the table ‘partners’ to find the Location name. If the Location name does not match the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_943v4010OR (present in com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n943.v4010) package.
- Configure the enveloper: The X12 943 envelope details and the trading partner Endpoint to which the X12 943 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_943v4010ENV (residing in the trading partner project under com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n943.v4010 package.) By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file are added to the sender and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details the same object must be updated.
Prerequisites - Folder IDs and Names, Global Variables
After configuring the outbound 943 flow, the following prerequisites must be met before running.
- Folder Internal IDs. The Folder internal IDs being used in the Saved Search Scripts must be modified per the customer’s instance internal ID. The saved search script ID used is customscript_cleo_sch_943_ws_script.
- Folder name in saved document search. In addition to updating folder internal IDs, you must update the folder name under the criteria tab in the saved document search so that it points to the appropriate transaction folder name. The saved search ID used for is customsearch_cleo_ss_943_getcsvfile.
- Configure Global Variables with Archive Folder Internal ID. Global Variables must be initialized with the internal ID of the archival folder as per the customer instance. For this flow, update the Global Variable for WHSTShipmentAdviceArchiveFolder.
Please see specific details for updating the NetSuite script for the steps noted above.
How to Run Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow. Do one of the following:
- Manually run the flow: Start LaunchNetsuiteWHSTShipmentAdvice943BPS. See Starting Objects for details on how to launch a BPS manually.
- Automatically run the flow : LaunchNetsuiteWHSTshipmentAdvice943PS will kick off automatically based on the interval specified and flow is triggered.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message Tile View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors:
- a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message Tile view and Job view in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit error message tile
Example of Cockpit error job
For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals of retrieving transaction Purchase Order, Return Authorization, and Transfer Order from NetSuite.
The LaunchNetsuiteWHSTShipmentAdvice943PS scheduler residing in com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.warehouse.stockTransferShipmentAdvice package is configured to retrieve transaction data every 4 hours by default. Change the schedule to run more frequently or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
Add more details to the X12 943 from the NetSuite transaction Purchase Order, Transfer Order or Return Authorization.
The values being mapped are documented in the LMS Template present in com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuite project under the docs folder. However, if you wish to add any additional fields, update the ruleset _TP_943v4010RS present in com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n943.v4010 package as required.
Contact Cleo Support for assistance when adding Rules.