In D365, a search is performed to look for any unprocessed sales order change records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a matching outbound route, the Sales order change confirmation XML is translated to EDI 865 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration between D365 to retrieve the Sales Order change confirmation and transform it into EDI X12 865 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers: LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS is scheduled to run once each hour. Adjust this frequency as required. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details.
Configure D365: If the SalesOrderChange is supposed to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available sales orders in D365, the custom fields mentioned below should be configured with appropriate values.
This configuration will search only for the Sales Order confirmation records in Pending, CICORDERCHANGE= YES, and CIC_EDI status.
Configure the Outbound Route: The Customer invoice account id in the confirmation source payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the Sales Order Change Acknowledgement is to be sent.
The Customer account id is used to look up the Trading Partner name in the table, D365_SCM_Partners. If the Trading Partner name does not match the ‘tpname’ specified while creating the project using Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_865v4010OR present in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010 package.
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 865 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 865 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_865v4010ENV residing in the trading partner project under com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010 package. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file have been added to the sender and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the same object must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
When the above projects are deployed to the server, dependent b2biaas and cockpit projects are also deployed automatically.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationBPS. See Starting Objects.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS to kick off automatically based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow.
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In Case of Errors
- A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For details on outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals for checking the status of Grocery Purchase Order imported to D365.
The LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS scheduler within com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010 package is currently configured to retrieve Sales Orders change confirmations once each hour. Change the schedule to run less frequently if required. For details on defining a scheduler, see Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
Note: A time interval of at least 15 minutes is recommended to fetch the execution summary status. The LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS scheduler is set to run every 15 minutes with a start time of 12:00:00 AM.
- Add more details the X12 865 from the D365 Sales Orders.
The values mapped are documented in the IDS Template present in com.cleo._customer_.edid365scm project under the docs folder. To add more fields, update the Ruleset _TP_865v4010RS present in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010 package as required.
Contact Cleo support if you need any assistance while adding additional rules.
- To modify the Sales order confirmation source schema, update the corresponding XSD file, DynamicsSCMSalesOrderChangeConfirmations.xsd located in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm/xsd/DynamicsSCMSalesOrderChangeConfirmations.xsd. After the XSD has been updated, the SalesOrderConfirmationsOBJ.xml.objSchema located in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm.salesOrderChangeConfirmations must also be updated using the revised XSD. For details on updating XML schemas, see Creating XML Schemas.