A search is performed on D365 BC to look for any unprocessed grocery records. If the record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the D365BC Grocery Products Invoice JSON is translated to EDI 880 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to retrieve the Grocery Products Invoice and transform it to EDI X12 880 format for the trading partner.
How to Configure the Flow
- Configure Process Schedulers. The LaunchGroceryProductsInvoicePS scheduler runs once every hour. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details about additional configuration.
- Configure D365 BC. If the Grocery Products Invoice is to be converted to EDI and then sent to trading partners from all the available grocery products invoices in D365 BC, then the PostedSalesInvoice/CIC_Status should be configured with the value, Pending.
- Configure your Outbound Route.
- The Sell to customer no present in the sales invoice source payload is used to identify the trading partner to whom the 880 is to be sent.
- The Sell to customer id is used in the look-up against the table D365_BC_Partners to find the trading partner name. If the trading partner name does not match tpname (during project creation using the wizard), you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name. This is done in _TP_880v4010OR which can be found in the
- Configure the EDI Enveloper. The X12 880 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 880 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_880v4010ENV residing in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n880.v4010package found in the trading partner project. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name that is entered in the Wizard property file will have been added to the sender and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to any of the enveloping details, the Enveloper object must be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchGroceryProductsInvoiceBPS .
- Automatically run LaunchGroceryProductsInvoiceBPS using LaunchGroceryProductsInvoicePS to execute the flow based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit tile with error
Example of Cockpit job with error
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- The LaunchGroceryProductsInvoicePS scheduler can be changed from the default retrieval rate of 1 hour to specific requirements. This will change how often Grocery Product Invoice records will be retrieved from D365 BC.
This Process Scheduler can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n880.v4010package. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- You could also add more details to the X12 880 from D365 BC. The values being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification available in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bcproject (Docs folder). However, when adding new fields, be sure to update the _TP_880v4010RS Ruleset accordingly. This Ruleset can be found in the com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n880.v4010 package.
Contact Cleo support for assistance.