When an inbound 860 is received from the trading partner endpoint, the ReceiveEDIEvent is triggered and tries to find the matching inbound route. When found, the EDI message is translated to D365 BC Sales Order (update/create/delete) request JSON and posted to D365 BC.
This section explains how to configure the integration to process the Inbound Sales Order Change received from the Trading Partner and update the corresponding Sales Order on D365 BC.
How to Configure
- Configure Inbound Route: The Route is set up with Sender ID as Trading partner name and Receiver ID as the customer name supplied in the Wizard properties file (wizard-input.properties file in the resources folder). If there are changes, you must update _TP_860v4010IR (in the
- Configure the 997 Enveloper: The 997 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the 997 is to be sent must be configured in _TP_997ENV (in the trading partner project under the package
How to Run Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Configure the Exit Points as shown here:
Exit Point Event Inbound Acknowledgement Error com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.events.B2BCloud_ExitPointInboundAckErrorEV Inbound Duplicate Interchange com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.events.B2BCloud_ExitPointDuplicateInterchangeEV Inbound EDI Route Error com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.events.B2BCloud_ExitPointRouteErrorEV Inbound EDI Route Not Found com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.events.B2BCloud_ExitPointEDIRouteNotFoundEV Inbound EDI Route Process Binding Not Found com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.events.B2BCloud_ExitPointEDIRouteProcessBindingNotFoundEV Inbound Interhange Processed
- Configure the Data Flow. Add a new data flow to select the required source endpoint. Set the target endpoint to Transformation and select the event com.extol.ebi.lib.ReceiveEDIEvent.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit. Below are screenshots of Cockpit Tiles and Job displaying errors, respectively.
- If the trading partner configuration is not found, a ticket is created, and an optional email alert is also generated.
- If the file fails to process due to invalid EDI syntax, a ticket is created and the rejected 997 is sent to the trading partner.
Example of Cockpit Tiles with Errors
Example of Cockpit Message Details List with Errors
- Example of cockpit error job and issue ticket created in case of post API request failure
How to Customize
Add more details or specific business logic while updating the Sales Order Change Request in D365 BC.
The Sales Order Change Request on D365 BC is currently updated with the data required to process orders successfully. The values mapped are documented in the Integration design spec (X12_D365BC_Integration_Design_Specification) in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bc project under the docs folder. However, if adding fields, the _TP_860v4010RS Ruleset must be updated accordingly.
Please contact Cleo Support if you need assistance adding rules.