A search is performed on D365 BC to look for any unprocessed Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice records. If the record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice JSON is translated to EDI 943 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between D365 BC to retrieve the Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice and transform the same to EDI X12 943 format for the trading partner integration.
How to Configure the Flow
- Configure Process Schedulers. The LaunchWHReceiptPS runs once every hour. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details about additional configuration.
- Configure D365 BC. If the warehouse receipt are to be converted to EDI and then sent to trading partners from all the third-party logistic partners from the available warehouse receipt in D365BC, the custom field on Warehouse Receipt/CIC_STATUS should be configured with value ‘Pending’.
- Configure your Outbound Route.
- a. The ‘location code’ mentioned in the warehouse receipt source payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the 943 is supposed to be sent.
- If the trading partner name does not match tpname (during project creation using the wizard), you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name. This is done in _TP_943v4010OR which can be found in the
- Configure the EDI Enveloper. The X12 943 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 943 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_943v4010ENV residing in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n943.v4010package found in the trading partner project. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file will have been added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to any of the enveloping details, then the Enveloper object must be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchWHReceiptBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchWHReceiptBPS using LaunchWHReceiptPS to execute the flow based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit tile with error
Example of Cockpit job with error
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- The LaunchWHReceiptPS scheduler can be changed from the default retrieval rate of 1 hour to specific requirements. This will change how often records will be retrieved from D365 BC.
This Process Scheduler can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n943.v4010package. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- You could also add more details to the X12 943 from the D365 BC Warehouse Receipt. The values being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification available in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bcproject (Docs folder). However, when adding new fields, be sure to update the _TP_943v4010RS Ruleset accordingly. This Ruleset can be found in the com.cleo._customer_.d365bc._tp_.outbound.n943.v4010 package.
Contact Cleo support for assistance.