In D365, a search is performed to look for any unprocessed Sales Order Change records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, Sales Order Change Confirmation XML is translated to EDI 865 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to retrieve Sales Order Change Confirmations and transform them into EDI X12 865 format for the Trading Partner.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers: LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS.sched is scheduled to run once each hour. Adjust this frequency as required. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details.
Configure D365: If the Sales Order Change Confirmation is to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available sales orders in D365SCM, then the custom fields listed below must be configured with appropriate values.
Only the Sales Order Confirmation records that have values matching
CICORDERCHANGE= YESwill be searched for.
Configure the Outbound Route: The Customer account id in the confirmation source payload is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the Sales Order Change Ackowledgement is to be sent.
The Customer account id is used to look up the Trading Partner name in the table, D365_SCM_Partners. If the Trading Partner name does not match the ‘tpname’ specified while creating the project using the Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_865v4010OR present in the package, com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010.
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 865 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 865 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_865v4010ENV residing in the trading partner project under the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010 package. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file have been added to the sender id and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the _TP_865v4010ENV object must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
When the above projects are deployed to the server, dependent b2biaas and cockpit projects are also deployed automatically.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationBPS. See Starting Objects for information about
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS to kick off automatically based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow.
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor). See Using the CIC Studio Auditor.
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In Case of Errors
- A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For details on outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change how often to retrieve Sales Order Confirmation records from the D365SCM.
The LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS scheduler, residing in package
com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010, is configured by default to retrieve Sales Orders Change Confirmations once each hour. Change the schedule to run more or less frequently as required. For details on defining a scheduler, see Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Add more details to the X12 865 from the D365 Invoice.
The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification Template present in com.cleo._customer_.edid365scm project under the docs folder. To add more fields, update the Ruleset _TP_865v4010RS present in com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010 package as required.
Contact Cleo support if you need any assistance while adding additional rules.
- To modify the Sales Order Confirmation source schema, update DynamicsSCMSalesOrderChangeConfirmations.xsd located in the package,
com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm/xsd. After the XSD has been updated, the SalesOrderConfirmationsOBJ.xml.objSchema located in
com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm.salesOrderChangeConfirmationsmust be updated using the revised XSD. For details on updating XML schemas, see Creating XML Schemas.