In D365, a search is performed to look for any unprocessed Sales Order Change records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the Sales Order Change Confirmation XML is translated to an EDI 865 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to retrieve Sales Order Change Confirmations and then transform them into EDI X12 865 format for the trading partner.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers: LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS.sched is scheduled to run once each hour. Adjust this frequency as required. Refer to Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details.
- Configure D365: If the Sales Order Change Confirmation is to be converted to EDI and then sent to the trading partners from all the available sales orders in D365SCM, then the custom fields listed below must be configured with appropriate values.
This configuration will search only for the Sales Order confirmation records that have values matching
- Configure the Outbound Route: The Customer account id in the confirmation source payload is used to identify the trading partner to whom the Sales Order Change Acknowledgment is to be sent.
The Customer account id is used to look up the Trading Partner name in the table D365_SCM_Partners. If the Trading Partner name does not match the tpname specified while creating the project using the Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_865v4010OR found in the
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 865 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 865 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_865v4010ENV found in the trading partner project under the
com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010package. By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file have been added to the sender id and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the _TP_865v4010ENV object must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
When the above projects are deployed to the server, dependent b2biaas and cockpit projects are also deployed automatically.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow (See Starting Objects.) by launching LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS to kick off process based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow.
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor). See Using the CIC Studio Auditor.
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In Case of Errors
- A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For details on outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change how often to retrieve Sales Order Confirmation records from the D365SCM.
The LaunchSalesOrderChangeConfirmationPS scheduler, residing in package
com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010, is configured by default to retrieve Sales Orders Change Confirmations once each hour. Change the schedule to run more or less frequently as required. For details on defining a scheduler, see Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Add more details to the X12 865 from the D365 Invoice.
The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification Template present in
com.cleo._customer_.edid365scmproject under the docs folder. To add more fields, update the Ruleset _TP_865v4010RS present in
com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n865.v4010package as required.
Contact Cleo support if you need any assistance while adding additional rules.
- To modify the Sales Order Confirmation source schema, update DynamicsSCMSalesOrderChangeConfirmations.xsd located in the package,
com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm/xsd. After the XSD has been updated, the SalesOrderConfirmationsOBJ.xml.objSchema located in
com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm.salesOrderChangeConfirmationsmust be updated using the revised XSD. Steps to update XML schemas can be found in Creating XML Schemas.