What is a Connection? (Data Movement)
Connections are named and specific instances of a connector to and from an application, technology device or business partner. Sample connector categories are:
- Technology Protocols including AS2, FTP, and others. Each unique set of authentication credentials used for a particular protocol is a separate connection.
- Application Connectors like NetSuite, Shopify, and others.
- Infrastructure Connectors like Amazon S3, Kafka, and others.
What is a Transaction? (Data Transformation)
- In Private Cloud Edition, Transactions are:
- For EDI document types like X12, messages will be associated to a ST-SE segment
- For EDI document types like EDIFACT, messages will be associated to a UNH-UNT segment
- For EDI document types like TRADACOMS, messages will be associated to a MHD/MTR segment
- Other Non-EDI document types like flat files, XML and others -
- Will be treated as a ‘Business Transaction’ (eg. Order)
- Will be typically associated with a single header record instead of the multiple detailed records