You must configure your EDI Integrator for i (EEI) software before using the Document History report. During processing, EEI pulls the desired data and inserts it into the business document database. Once there, it can be linked to other documents based on the value in the element. The setup will be the same for both inbound and outbound processing.
Follow these steps to configure your maps in EEI to use the Document History report in the Dashboard.
- Determine the element that will provide the value to the Document History report.
- Open the Work with element map for one segment screen in EEI and select the Element that will provide the value.
- Select/Create a Search Code.
- Enter 2=Change in the Opt and press Enter to go to the Message class element map details 1 screen.
- Provide a value of DS (Dashboard Search) in the Element data source/dest field and press Enter. The Search code field appears. Place your cursor in the Search code and press F4 . The Select search code window appears.
- Enter 1 to select a search code and press Enter.
- Once configured, press Enter from the Message class element map details 1 screen. Note: If there aren’t any search codes in the system, you can add selecting F9 to add one. The search code will then be available for use in all message classes.
- View completed Element map.
The setup is complete. You can now use this search code in other messages to create a document history. You can also now filter on these values in the Dashboard report.
Please sign in to leave a comment.