Before creating and using a Connector in Clarify, please review the following requirements and prerequisites.
Create a Vault Entry for your API Account Authentication
To create a Connector, you must first store the authorization information in an Authorization Vault, which provides a secure storage location for API keys, tokens, username and passwords, headers, and other info used to authorize calls to external Web Services. In order for a Cloud Connector to work, this vault entry must exist and be configured for the external application you wish to communicate with.
The vault entry can be created from the Admin Console’s Settings | Auth Vault view, or directly from the Cloud Connector wizard (shown below). See Secure Authorization of Web Service Requests using a Clarify Server Vault to learn how to create a vault entry.
- (Shopify OAuth) API Key: The Shopify API key is a Shopify credential provided as part of the App creation process in Shopify.
- (Shopify OAuth) API Secret: The Secret key is a Shopify credential provided as part of the App creation process in Shopify.
For more information, refer to the Getting Started topic on the Shopify web page:
Current Clarify Studio and Server version requirements
Connector support is available in Cleo Clarify v4.14 and higher (Server and Studio).
Specialized Licensing Required
The Application Connector requires a specialized server license. See your Customer Account Manager.
Effective use of the Connector assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and launch integration projects in Clarify.