The steps to create a connected application in Salesforce follow this basic process:
- In Salesforce, create an application in the Apps page (Connected Apps section). All required basic information must be provided.
- Enable OAuth settings. This controls how the app communicates with Salesforce. Additional fields should display when enabled.
- Enter the Callback URL. This is the call-back endpoint that Salesforce will call back during the OAuth process. This URL is typically the one that a user’s browser is redirected to after successful authentication.
Note: This url can be used: (https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/success)
- OAuth Scopes refer to permissions given by the user running the connected app. The OAuth token name is in parenthesis. From the list of Available OAuth Scopes, select the following scopes (required):
.Note: Once complete, save your changes. Salesforce indicates a time range for this process to complete. Please wait for this to complete in Salesforce before continuing with the steps below.
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Provide access to your data via the Web (web)
Define the connected application
The steps to create a connected application in Salesforce follow this basic process.
- From the Connected Apps section of Salesforce, locate the app created in the task above.
- Click on the actual Connected App Name. This opens the application editor.
- From the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, next to Consumer Secret, click the link to reveal the secret value. The Consumer Key and the Callback Url are also displayed.
- Copy these from Salesforce and enter them in Clarify's Cloud Connector Wizard, shown here. Proceed through the Wizard, which is described in step 4 of Creating a Salesforce Connector Project.
Note: Salesforce indicates a time range for this process to complete. (Somewhere from 2 to 10 minutes); a “page not found” screen may display in the Cloud Connector Wizard if attempting to connect before the update completes.
Please refer to your Salesforce Developer documentation on Connected Apps for more information.