Creating an XML Schema with a sample XSD or DTD instructs Clarify how to format data it reads from or writes to an XML file. Please note that this Schema is not supported in the latest transformation engine (Version 2).
Unlike other Schemas, where the sample must reside within Clarify, the XML Schema expects you to browse outside Clarify for the XSD.
- Select File | New | XML Schema from the main menu.
Note: If you select the Package in which the XML Schema should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the Create New XML Schemawindow.
- The Create New XML Schema window appears. Select the Create from an XSD or DTD radio button. Click Next.
- In the Import XML Schema or DTD panel, click the Browse for file button. Select and open the XSD or DTD. Click Next.
- The Select Root Element panel lists all possible root elements in the XSD. Each XML document has exactly one single root element, which encloses all the other elements and is therefore the sole parent element to all the other elements. Select the root element and click Next.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name for the XML Schema.
- Click Finish. The XML Schema object's editor appears.
To use the Schema, select it when creating a Ruleset.