Before creating and using a Connector in Clarify, please review the following requirements and prerequisites.
Obtain your Connector Token (provided by Cleo)
A Connector Token enables you to securely connect Clarify to different external applications. As part of its fulfillment process, Cleo provides this token that will be used to create the Connector in the Clarify Studio. If you have not received instructions on how to obtain this token, please contact Support or your Customer Account Manager.
Create a Vault Entry for your API Account Authentication
To create a Connector, you must first store the authorization information in an Authorization Vault, which provides a secure storage location for API keys, tokens, username and passwords, headers, and other info used to authorize calls to external Web Services. In order for a Cloud Connector to work, this vault entry must exist and be configured for the external application you wish to communicate with.
The vault entry can be created from the Admin Console’s Settings | Auth Vault view, or directly from the Cloud Connector wizard (shown below). See Secure Authorization of Web Service Requests using a Clarify Server Vault to learn how to create a vault entry.
- Client ID: The username attached to the BigCommerce account
- Authentication Token:Sometimes referred to as the API password or API key.
- API Path: This lets the app know where to connect to the API
- Client Secret : The optional secret key is a credential provided as part of the Big Commerce app creation process.
For more information, refer to the Get Started topic in BigCommerce developer documentation.
Required Configuration in BigCommerce
- Login to BigCommerce.
- From the left-hand menu option, navigate to Advanced Settings -> API Accounts(shown below)
- Click Create API Account
- Enter a suitable name in the Name field.
- Select one of the following: None / read-only / modify against each of the API resources as per the requirement of the integration app.
- Save your changes.
Current Clarify Studio and Server version
Connector support is available in Cleo Clarify v4.15 and higher.
Specialized Licensing Required
The Application Connector requires a specialized server license. See your Customer Account Manager. If you need assistance applying your license, see Licensing in the Clarify User Guide.
Effective use of the Connector assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and launch integration projects in Clarify.