These release notes describe new features, update recommendations, previous release descriptions, known issues, and other information related to the current Cleo Clarify release.
This release includes updates to both the Studio and Server. The latest (cumulative) version of the Studio/Server update can be obtained via the update functionality within the product.
There are dependencies between the latest Studio and Server updates. For this release functionality to operate fully, both server and studio should be at v4.17.1.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Always update the Studio first.
- Update the Local Test server next.
- Update all remaining servers (QA, PROD, etc.).
Note: If your current Server Cluster version is v4.11 or lower, please do not update the Server Cluster until first contacting Technical Support at +1 815-282-7894 or 1-866-444-CLEO (2536).
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart. This means the Local Test server will be stopped.
- Back up your Studio installation directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Harmony messaging framework if integrated.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
Please refer to the System Update instructions provided in the Getting Started with the Cleo Clarify Server/Studio install guides, available from the Solution Center on support.cleo.com.
What’s new in this current release
These release notes describe new features, update recommendations, known issues, and other information related to this current Cleo Clarify release.
New Standards Available
- The following EDIFACT standards are now supported: 16B, 17A, 17B, 18A, 18B, 19A.
- The following X12 Standards are now supported: versions 7030 and 7050.
Connector enhancements and fixes
- Several enhancements made to improve Harmony/Clarify Integrations. This includes the new SendMessageToHarmonyWithMetaData Business Process task, which allows additional metadata to be passed into a Business Process. It also includes Harmony tables in the Log Warehouse archiving.
- A fix was made to the FA Reconciliation report to correct the display of incorrect outbound FA documents related to inbound documents. This also included the display of disabled Schedule Processes that continued to appear as they were running.
- Fixed an issue in which only the first table would be retrieved from a Data Source as part of the "Fetch Metadata" operation.
- Added new synchronous operations to the NetSuite Connector based on customer feedback (i.e. GetList, SavedSearch, SearchMore).
- Fixed an issue in version 4.17 NetSuite Connectors in which errors occurred (Connector not compatible with WSDL) when attempting to import connector operations.
- Additional tables added to the SimpleDatePurge Business Process to support Harmony log purging.
- Fixed an issue in version 4.16 in which the existence of a Log Warehouse license caused a server hang-up and Studio crash.
- Fixed an issue in which scheduled Business Processes that were missed continued to launch.
- Added the -getStatus option to ebi_ctl to allow for the state of the single server to be queried. This returns the status (suspended or active) of a single server. Additionally, listQueues fails when unable to reach the server.
Cleo Products Compatibility
Please be aware of the following compatibility between the different Cleo products and this current Clarify release.
- v3.3.4 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v4.17.1 server. It will work with older server versions.
- v3.3.2 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v4.16 server. It will also support previous versions of Clarify v4.
- v3.2.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Server Cluster (v4.11 to v4.15).
- v3.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Single Server.
Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader
Please sign in to leave a comment.