These release notes describe new features, known issues, and other information related to the current Cleo Clarify release.
This release includes updates to both the Studio and Server. The latest (cumulative) version of the Studio/Server update can be obtained via the update functionality within the product.
There are dependencies between the latest Studio and Server updates. For this release functionality to operate fully, both server and studio should be at v5.0.3. Never mix deployments!
If currently using Clarify version 4x - Please Read First!
This current release can only be obtained by performing a system update from an existing version 5.0 Clarify install. This current version is not available for version 4 installs. Please install Clarify v5.0 first in order to upgrade to v5.0.3.
There is no Product upgrade or migration path from Clarify v4 to v5.0. Existing Projects (those created in Clarify v4) can be upgraded to work with Clarify 5.0. See below, or you may contact Technical Support at +1 815-282-7894 or 1-866-444-CLEO (2536) for more information.
To use previous Clarify Projects
If you are currently using Clarify 4.x and would like to use those projects in Clarify 5.0, they must be manually upgraded in order to work with the 5.0 Studio and Server. To do so, use the Upgrade project configurations menu option for each Project to upgrade from your 5.x workspace.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Always update the Studio first.
- Update the Local Test server next.
- Update all remaining servers (QA, PROD, etc.).
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart. This means the Local Test server will be stopped.
- Back up your Studio installation directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Harmony messaging framework, if integrated.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
Please refer to the System Update instructions provided in the Getting Started with the Cleo Clarify Server/Studio install guides, available from the Solution Center on support.cleo.com.
What’s new in this current release
These release notes describe new features, update recommendations, known issues, and other information related to this current Cleo Clarify release.
XML Data Splitting Supported
XML Data Splitting allows you to break down large XML documents into smaller fragments, which can then be used for further iteration and customized processing. Differing from an earlier approach which required using an XML Schema and a Ruleset, you can now use two new Business Process tasks to accomplish this, creating simpler yet flexible uses of your data.
- XMLData Splitter: This task takes an XML document and splits it into several fragments using a defined path to a specific XML element.
- Split Multiple Roots: This task splits a non-well-formed XML document containing multiple roots into a list of StorageNodes where each root is contained as a separate element.
New Standards Available
- The following EDIFACT standards are now supported: 16B, 17A, 17B, 18A, 18B, 19A.
- The following X12 Standards are now supported: versions 7030 and 7050.
Connector enhancements and fixes
- Added asynchronous requests to the NetSuite Connector; these are placed in a processing queue; a job ID is returned in the response. A client application can then check on the status and result of the request by referencing the job ID.
- Added new synchronous operations to the NetSuite Connector based on customer feedback (i.e. GetList, SavedSearch, SearchMore).
- Fixed an issue in version 4.17 NetSuite Connectors in which errors occurred (Connector not compatible with WSDL) when attempting to import connector operations.
- Fixed an issue in which the Acumatica Access Token Refresh was failing during deployment.
- Fixed an issue in which the SetVaultEntryAlias Business Process task was not operating for Connectors being called within rulesets.
- Added two tasks to the List type of Business Processes.
- Contains: Checks if a list contains a specific item.
- Index Of: Returns the index of a specific item in a List via the Result variable.
(Additional information is provided in list of Business Process tasks found in the Designing Integration Solutions | Processing the Data section the User Guide.)
Other enhancements and fixes
- Several fixes and enhancements made to Ruleset editor functionality
- Several enhancements made to improve Harmony/Clarify Integrations. This includes the new SendMessageToHarmonyWithMetaData Business Process task, which allows additional metadata to be passed into a Business Process.
- A fix was made to the FA Reconciliation report to correct the display of incorrect outbound FA documents related to inbound documents. This also included the display of disabled Schedule Processes that continued to appear as they were running.
Cleo Products Compatibility
Please be aware of the following compatibility between the different Cleo products and this current Clarify release.
- v3.3.4 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5.03 server. It will work with older server versions.
- v3.3.2 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5 server.
- v3.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Single Server.
Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader
- Recommended: v5.6.1
- Minimum: v5.4.1
- Recommended v3.8