The Messages page lists all the messages processed by your system. There are several ways to filter your messages to display only the messages you are interested in. See Filtering Message Activity.
You can click on any message to display the Message Detail page, which contains details about that message, including its original and translated form, and any errors that might have occurred during processing. From the Message Detail page, you can also download and reprocess the message. See Viewing Message Details.
When you view a list of messages on the Message page, you can view them as a list or as tiles.
In the Tile view, information about messages is displayed tile in a grid pattern across the page. To view messages in Tile view, click the Tile view icon.
In List view, information about one message is displayed in each line. To view messages in List view, click the List view icon.
Each line in the list provides details about a single message.
The message status indicates if there is an issue associated with a message and whether the issue is current or resolved.
|Current||Indicates the issue is current. This category contains four sub-categories|
|Open||Issue has been assigned to a representative or action is pending from Cleo.|
|New||Issue is awaiting assignment to service representative.|
|Pending||Action is Pending from a customer or an entity from outside of Cleo.|
|On Hold||Waiting for Partner.|
|Resolved||Indicates a Resolved issue.|
|Solved||Issue is solved, but not closed. Issues are closed after 3 days of being marked as Solved.|
|Closed||Issue is closed.|
The Reprocessing status indicates how many times the message has been reprocessed, if at all. See Reprocessing messages.
Functional Acknowledgement (FA) status
A functional acknowledgement (FA) serves as a virtual receipt between trading partners that a transaction has occurred. FAs add transparency to the business process by indicating the state of the acknowledgement.
Cleo Integration Cloud provides six possible acknowledgement indicators.
|Successful acknowledgment. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data in a separate dialog box.|
|Successful with error. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data in a separate dialog box.|
|Error with acknowledgment. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data in a separate dialog box.|
|Acknowledgment not received, but expected.|
|Acknowledgment not expected.|
|Acknowledgment was received, but late.|
|Acknowledgment has not yet been received and is late.|
Filtering Message Activity
You can apply filtering criteria on the Messages page to narrow the scope of the data display.
You can toggle filters on the messages displayed as follows:
- Saved Filters
- Displays a list of filters previously saved that you can apply. Select a saved filter to apply it. See Managing saved filters.
- Clear All
- Removes all filters and displays messages from the last 30 days, except for the Date filter located in the upper right corner of the page.
- By message direction
- Click Inbound or Outbound.
- By partner
- Click in the Partners field to display a list of partners to select from. You can start typing a partner name or ID number to refine the list. When you see the partner you want, select it from the list.
- Alternatively, you can click the Browse link.
- Clicking this link displays a modal dialog box from which you can select partners to filter on.
- By issue
- In the Issues field, enter an issue number and press Enter to display only those messages pertaining to that issue. You can enter a comma-separated list of issue numbers to search on multiple issues.
- Click Current or Resolved to display only messages in the selected category, inclusive of sub-categories.
- Click the arrow next to Current or Resolved to reveal sub-categories from which to choose. Select a sub-category to display only messages in that sub-category.
Issue categories and sub-categories correspond to message status values. See Message status for more information.
- By acknowledgement
- Click one or more of the FA types. See Functional Acknowledgement (FA) status for information about FA types.
- By message
- In the Messages field, enter a message ID to display the matching message. For example, to filter for the specific Order number 35000, enter 35000 in the field. You must enter the entire message ID. You can enter a comma-separated list of message IDs to search on multiple messages.
- By message type
- Under the Messages field, select one or more message types to display messages of only those types. A filter for each message type that has passed through your system is shown. For example, if Orders have passed through your system, you see a filter for Orders available to select to show only messages that were orders.
- Deselect a message type to hide those messages. All messages are displayed when no message types are highlighted.
- By date
- Select a date range to display messages that were sent in that range during that time.
Note: The controls for this filter are located in the upper right corner of the page.
Managing saved filters
You can save the current filter criteria. Click the Saved Filter link and select Save Current Filter. Enter a name for the filter and click Save.
You can delete an existing filter. Click the Saved Filter link and select Manager Filters. Select one or more filters you want to delete and click Delete.
Downloading message information
From the Tile view and List view on the page, click the download button to download a CSV file containing information about messages that meet the current filtering criteria (see Filtering Message Activity). The CSV file contains information about one message per row and includes the following fields for each message:
messageId– Uniquely identifies the message.
transaction_time– Time and date the transaction took place.
direction– Whether the message was inbound or outbound.
docType– Type of doc sent or received. For EDI messages, there are specific values that represent specific EDI doc types.
docAlias– An alias that corresponds to the
currency– The currency associated with the message.
faStatus– Functional Acknowlegdement status. See Functional Acknowledgement (FA) status for more information.
ticketId– Identifies the Zendesk ticket, if it exists.
ticketStatus– The status of the Zendesk ticket, if it exists.
tpId– Value uniquely identifying the Trading Partner.
tradingPartnerName– The Trading Partner's name.
reprocessAttempts– The number of attempts at reprocessing the message, if any.