These release notes describe new features, known issues, and other information related to the current Cleo Clarify release.
This release includes updates to both the Studio and Server. The latest (cumulative) version of the Studio/Server update can be obtained via the update functionality within the product.
There are dependencies between the latest Studio and Server updates. For this release functionality to operate fully, both server and studio should be at v5.0.9. Never mix deployments!
There is no Product upgrade or migration path from Clarify v4 to v5.0. Existing Projects (those created in Clarify v4) can be upgraded to work with Clarify 5.0. See below, or you may contact Technical Support at +1 815-282-7894 or 1-866-444-CLEO (2536) for more information.
To use previous Clarify Projects
If you are currently using Clarify 4.x and would like to use those projects in Clarify 5.0, they must be manually upgraded in order to work with the 5.0 Studio and Server. To do so, use the Upgrade project configurations menu option for each Project to upgrade from your 5.x workspace.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Always update the Studio first.
- Update the Local Test server next.
- Update all remaining servers (QA, PROD, etc.).
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart. This means the Local Test server will be stopped.
- Back up your Studio installation directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Harmony messaging framework, if integrated.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
What’s new in this current release
These release notes describe new features, update recommendations, known issues, and other information related to this current Cleo Clarify release.
Several enhancements have been made to Ruleset usage and performance.
The Choice label in the Ruleset editor
An enhancement to the Ruleset editor now includes the “Choice” label, which helps you identify those rules which can incorporate the use of Switch Rules and Methods. This visual cue lets you know that a Switch Rule should be used – something that’s not always obvious.
When a type has a sub-type (Choice type), then the Choice label will appear next to it in the source and/or target Schema pane of the editor, as shown here. This lets you know that you can use a Switch Rule on that Choice type using Type Guards to match on a specific sub-type. Type Guarding allows you to narrow down an object type within a conditional block.
Note: Some updates are required if using existing Connector Schemas (ObjSchema) or custom XML Schemas (v2) prior to this release.
For more information on this feature and possible update steps, please refer to the Switch Rules article available on the Solution Center.
Faster Load time in Type browser
Types now load faster in the Ruleset editor. No user interaction required.
Application Connector Enhancements
Newer versions of several Application Connectors are now available in Clarify. These include Shopify, Magento, and Amazon MarketPlace Connectors. The process to create these Connectors have been simplified by removing the token requirement.
For those using Connectors built in previous v5 versions, there is no additional configuration required after updating to the v5.0.9 version of Clarify.
If you are upgrading from Clarify 4.x to v5.0.9, you won’t be able to use the older connector projects in v5.0.9. You would need to delete the existing connector projects and recreate new connectors from v5.0.9.
Enhancements and fixes
A timeout field has been added to the Database Adapter editor which allows you to set a given timeout (in seconds) at the interaction level (i.e. Select, Update, Delete, Insert).
This provides better control over the control of Clarify processes with respect to timeout response.
Other enhancements and fixes
- Fixed an issue with the Shopify Connector and the GetOrderById Schema not matching with the correct response.
- Created adapter and monitor objects to connect to and integrate with IBM MQ.
- Updated the link to Solution Center Release Notes from Clarify Studio update.
- Several documentation updates, mainly around Application Connectors.
- Improved Read File Adapter performance with mounted EFS location.
- Several improvements made to the Onboarding API.
- Improvements made to reduce Cluster Nodes from stopping during a Server update.
- Fixed an issue that displayed expired license errors.
- Fixed an issue in which the receiver would get stuck due to failures on job processing.
- Fixed an issue in which “String Length” Business Process task outputs Integer data type instead of Long.
- Fixed an issue in which Web Service Provider Status codes were incorrectly overwriting other Status Codes.
- Fixed a bug in which the Run OS Command returned Null Storage Nodes.
- An updated EULA is now available.
Cleo Products Compatibility
Please be aware of the following compatibility between the different Cleo products and this current Clarify release.
- v3.3.4 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5.03 server. It will work with older server versions.
- v3.3.2 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5 server.
- v3.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Single Server.
Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader
- Recommended: v5.6.2
- Minimum: v5.4.1
- Recommended v3.8