Step 1: Have a Professional selling plan.
You need to create a Seller account on https://www.sellercentral.amazon.com and subscribe to Professional Selling Plan (monthly subscription).
Step 2: Submit the MWS Developer Registration and Assessment form.
You need to submit the Amazon MWS Developer Registration and Assessment form. Before you fill out the form, you need to go through and comply with the Acceptable Use Policy and Data Protection Policy.
Step 2A: Go to the Settings -> User Permissions page in Seller Central.
Step 2B: Under Amazon MWS Developer Access Keys click the Visit Developer Credentials button. The Developer Central page appears. Apply for access here.
Step 3: Obtaining the developer access keys.
Once your developer registration form is accepted by Amazon, the following details would be provided
- Developer ID
- AWS Access Key ID
- Secret Key
Step 3A: To access the above details, go to the Settings -> User Permissions page in Seller Central.
Step 3B: Under Amazon MWS Developer Access Keys click the Visit Developer Credentials button
Step 3C: Click on the Visit Developer Credentials button to view the Access Key and the Secret Access Key.
Step 4: Authorizing a developer.
A seller must authorize a developer to make calls to Amazon MWS on the seller's behalf.
- The developer gives their Developer ID to the seller.
- The seller goes to the Manage your apps page in Seller Central and logs into their Amazon seller account as the primary account holder.
- The seller clicks the Authorize new developer button and follows the authorization workflow.
- Once the developer is authorized, an MWS Auth Token will be generated.
If you are developing an Amazon MWS application for sellers or are providing Amazon MWS-related development services to sellers, you must provide your Developer ID to those sellers so that they can authorize you to access their Amazon seller accounts using Amazon MWS.
For more information: https://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/dev_guide/DG_Registering.html
Specialized Licensing Required
The Application Connector requires a specialized server license. See your Customer Account Manager.
Effective use of the Connector assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and publish (deploy) integration projects in the CIC Studio.