Before creating and using a Connector, please review the following requirements and prerequisites.
- Magento instance and Access Token Setup
- Specialized Licensing Required
- Technical Assumption
Magento instance and Access Token setup
To use the Magento connector, one must have a running instance of Magento.
For production setup please refer to the below link:
For testing purposes, you can use the Magento docker instance. Follow the steps mentioned in the below link to setup a docker instance for Magento.
To create the Magento connector, the following details are required:
- Access Token
- Magento Instance URL
Follow the below steps to get the Access Token.
- Log in to the Magento Admin portal and click System > Extensions > Integrations to display the Integrations page.
Click Add New Integration to display the New Integration page.
Enter a unique name for the integration in the Name field. Then enter your admin password in the Your Password field. Leave all other fields blank.
- Click the API tab. Select the Magento resources which the integration can access. You can select all resources, or select a custom list.
Save your changes and return to the Integrations page.
Click the Activate link in the grid that corresponds to the newly-created integration.
Click Allow. A dialog similar to the example below should display.
The Access Token value will be displayed. This should not expire unless the created integration gets deleted.
Note: The Magento Instance URL must be in the below format.
Specialized Licensing Required
The Application Connector requires a specialized server license. See your Customer Account Manager.
Effective use of the Connector assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and publish (deploy) integration projects in CIC Studio.