The Shopify Connector supports OAuth2.0 authentication Code Flow Grant Type. When creating a Connector, you must first store the authorization information in an Authorization Vault, which provides a secure storage location for API keys, tokens, username and passwords, headers, and other info used to authorize calls to external Web Services. In order for a Cloud Connector to work, this vault entry must exist and be configured for the external application you wish to communicate with.
(Additional information on Shopify Authentication: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/authenticate-with-oauth)
Follow the below steps to create a new Vault entry.
- From the Studio, go to File -> New -> Cloud Connector. This opens the Select Vault Entry screen.
- Click on the + button to create a new vault entry. Alternatively, you can select an existing vault alias from the list.
- Provide the vault entry alias name and select the environment and hit Next.
- Select Shopify from the list of Connectors and hit Next.
- Enter the authentication details and hit Next.
The above authentication details - Client ID , Client Secret, Shop URL, Redirect URI can be obtained as described in Prerequisites - Shopify.
- Enter the username and password to sign-in to your Shopify account to complete authentication.
Note: IF the following screen appears, THEN you'll need to click on Switch Mode to sign-in to your Shopify Account. If it does not appear, proceed to Step 7.
Take these steps:
A) Copy the OAuth Request URL in any browser (incognito mode) which then prompts you to sign in with username and password.
B) After successfully signing in, copy and paste the URL (which you are redirected to) as the value for the Result URL, and then click Validate.
- Once the details are validated, click Next to create a new vault entry.
Result: Once the details are validated, a new Vault entry is created.
Please sign in to leave a comment.