As an integration developer, the Cleo Certification Program provides a certification path to test and validate your acquired integration development skills.
The Integration Developer Certification focuses on "best practices" for designing integration solutions, such as organizing and naming Projects, effective use of SVN Repositories and multiple tenants, and documenting your work.
The Integration Developer Certification program begins with a 1-hour meeting. During this session you will meet with a Cleo SME to introduce you to 3 self-paced exercises; you will choose one to complete within 2 weeks of this initial meeting. You should allow from 10-20 hours over those 2 weeks to perform the work.
The opening session gives you:
- Instructions on where to obtain details, sample data, mapping specs, etc., for each exercise
- Access to a Cleo-supplied tenant in which to design your solutions
- Credentials to access a SVN repository to save your solutions
- Implementation guidelines documents, which the SME will discuss with you
- Exercise #1 [Inbound EDI]:
Process source EDI documents to produce target flat files and response functional acknowledgements.
- Exercise #2 [Outbound EDI]:
Process source Flat File documents to produce target EDI files.
- Exercise #3 [Non-EDI]:
Process source Flat File documents to produce target XML files.
What to expect over the course of your certification:
- a few scheduled 30-minute “status check” meetings with a Cleo SME to review your progress
- 2 weeks to complete all of the exercises
- Completed work is reviewed by a Cleo SME to ensure that the integrations you created work as intended, and adherence to prescribed best practices (as presented in the Implementation Guidelines documents)
- A final 1-hour exit meeting with a Cleo SME to discuss your experiences