These release notes describe new features, known issues, and other information related to the current Cleo Clarify release. This release includes updates to both the Studio and Server. The latest (cumulative) version of the Studio/Server update can be obtained via the update functionality within the product.
There are dependencies between the latest Studio and Server updates. For this release functionality to operate fully, both server and studio should be at v5.1.13. Never mix deployments!
There is no Product upgrade or migration path from Clarify v4 to v5.0. Existing Projects (those created in Clarify v4) can be upgraded to work with Clarify 5.0. See below, or you may contact Technical Support at +1 815-282-7894 or 1-866-444-CLEO (2536) for more information.
To use previous Clarify Projects
If you are currently using Clarify 4.x and would like to use those projects in Clarify 5.0, they must be manually upgraded in order to work with the 5.0 Studio and Server. To do so, use the Upgrade project configurations menu option for each Project to upgrade from your 5.x workspace.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Always update the Studio first.
- Update the Local Test server next.
- Update all remaining servers (QA, PROD, etc.).
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart. This means the Local Test server will be stopped.
- Back up your Studio installation directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Harmony messaging framework if integrated.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
What’s new in this current release
The latest release is 5.1.13. This release contains general enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development.
Change times zones in Schedules View (Admin Console)
The Schedules View provides a calendar view showing all deployed Process Schedules on a yearly, monthly, weekly, or daily basis. Users can also see a list of scheduled processes. This works in conjunction with the Process Schedule object, which allows you to assign a specific Business Process and determine when and how often it will execute.
- Users can now change the time zone in the Schedule view. This allows coordination between the time zone where the actual Process Schedule deployment might occur and the design-time default time zone.
Worksheet Binding (matching incoming data to Spreadsheet Schemas)
Spreadsheet Schema behavior now supports an alternative to the typical matching of incoming data being received with spreadsheets. The matching, or binding, will still be based on the Worksheet Name field, however, if there is no match, then binding attempts will be by index. This reflects the order: Worksheet Name, then index – with no mixing of the two. This provides better flexibility as Customers don’t have to rely on actual static worksheet names.
Outbound EDI Validation
Validation logic for outbound EDI transformations has been improved, including better support of version 2 resources. This also results in less reliance on multiple outbound Rulesets to manage some of the validation. See Transformation Settings for more information on enabling validation.
If updating to 5.1.13, please note:
- Updated Runtime Validation requires re-deployment of Transformation Settings and related Projects (where Validation is enabled). If you have “Enable Validation Check” selected on your V2 Transformation Settings object prior to this latest update, then you will need to re-deploy this resource and its related Project once you’ve updated.
- Since additional validation will now occur, there may be new Data Validation warnings or errors encountered.
Web Service Consumer Support
This release includes improvements and fixes to better support Web Service operations in Clarify.
- Web Service Consumer operations now support version 2 resources.
- Resolved errors experienced when working with Salesforce WSDLs.
- Resolved an issue in which the creation of a NetSuite connector was failing.
This release includes two new Connectors as well as improvements and fixes to existing ones.
IBM MQ supports the exchange of information between applications, systems, services, and files by sending and receiving message data via messaging queues. This simplifies the creation and maintenance of business applications. IBM MQ works with a broad range of computing platforms and can be deployed across a range of different environments. See the IBM MQ Connector article for more information.
MS Dynamics 365
A new Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 SCM lets you build integrations to connect and integrate data into this popular back-office system. The new Connector supports both cloud and on-premise versions of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 SCM application. See Connector Overview - Microsoft Dynamics 365 for more information.
Several improvements have been made to the Shopify Connector:
- Added new Set Inventory Level API setInventoryLevel.bps along with request and response Schemas.
- Added missing fields to UpdateCustomerByIDRequest.jsonSchema and found UpdateCustomerByIDResponse.jsonSchema to be incorrect hence fixed that as well
- Adding inventory scopes as part default scopes in the Clarify wizard during Shopify connector creation flow.
- Added new Business Process: GetProductVariantsMetafields.bps and its respective response Schema.
Note: For those using Connectors built in previous v5 versions, there is no additional configuration required after updating to the v5.0.9 version of Clarify. However, if you are upgrading from Clarify 4.x to v5.0.9 or higher, you won’t be able to use the older connector Projects. You would need to delete the existing connector Projects and recreate new connectors.
Enhancements and fixes
- The 8010 standard is now supported.
- Fixed an issue where a duplicate key violation was thrown when updating FA information.
- Fixed an issue in File Adapters (move, copy, delete) that now reacts correctly to blank file names.
- Fixed an issue with Web Service Consumer calls in which access tokens, when refreshed, would not successfully retry, as they should.
- Fixed a Web Service Consumer issue in which Schemas weren't created as they should.
- Improved several error messages for clarity.
- Improved Server Cluster performance.
- Improved database logging to better output the relevant SQL statement and improve error logging.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate update message calls were being posted for EDI x12 Envelopers.
- Resolved a recurring NetSuite NPE issue.
- An updated EULA is now available.
Cleo Products Compatibility
Please be aware of the following compatibility between the different Cleo products and this current Clarify release.
- v3.3.4 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5.03 server (and above). It will work with older server versions.
- v3.3.2 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5 server.
- v3.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Single Server.
Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader
- Recommended: v18.104.22.168
- Minimum: v5.4.1
- Recommended v22.214.171.124