A search is performed on NetSuite for any unprocessed item fulfillment records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the NetSuite ItemFulfillment XML is translated to EDI 856 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration between NetSuite to retrieve Sales Orders and transform them to EDI X12 855 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers. Set the LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS Scheduler to initiate the 856 flow. (This can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.itemFulfillmentpackage) The Scheduler runs every 4 hours by default. Configure the specific time interval based on your specific requirements.
- Configure NetSuite. If the ItemFulfillment is supposed to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available item fulfillments in the NetSuite, then the custom field custbody_cleo_source_status should contain the keyword PENDING_ in its value.
- Configure the Outbound Route. The Entity - Internal ID is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the item fulfillment should be sent.
The internal ID is used in the look-up against the table
partnersto find the Trading Partner name. If the Trading Partner name does not match with the tpname while creating the project using Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_856v4010OR found in the
- Configure the EDI Enveloper. The X12 856 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 856 has to be sent should be _TP_856v4010ENV (found in trading partner Project/
com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010package). By default, the customer name and the tp name entered in the Wizard property file are added to the sender id and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, _TP_856v4010ENV must also be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Deploy the following projects. Make sure that any project that has been edited is redeployed.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS to execute the flow based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit error tile
Example of Cockpit error job
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals for retrieving orders from NetSuite.
The LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS scheduler (found in
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.itemFulfillmentpackage) is currently configured to retrieve orders once every hour. You can change this to run more or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more info.
- Add more details to the X12 856 from the NetSuite invoice.
The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification, which can be found in
com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuiteProject under the docs folder. However, if you wish to add any additional fields, then you must update the _TP_856v4010RS Ruleset, which can be found in the following package:
Contact Cleo Support for assistance when adding Rules.
Please sign in to leave a comment.