A search request is performed on NetSuite to look for any unprocessed item fulfillment records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the NetSuite ItemFulfillment XML is translated to EDI 856 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between NetSuite to retrieve Sales Orders and transform them to EDI X12 855 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Schedulers. Set the Outbound856PS Scheduler to launch the Outbound856LaunchBPS Business Process, which initiates the 856 flow. Configure the specific time interval based on your specific requirements. The example here shows the process set to run every hour.
- NetSuite Configuration Required. If the item fulfillment record is supposed to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading Partners from all available item fulfillment records in NetSuite, then the custom fields mentioned below should be configured with appropriate values.
- Outbound Route.
The Entity - Internal ID is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the item fulfillment should be sent
The internal ID is used in the look-up against the table ‘partners’ to find the Trading Partner name. If the Trading Partner name is not matching with the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using Wizard, you need to update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_856v4010OR (found in the com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010 package)
- EDI Enveloper. The X12 856 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 856 has to be sent should be _TP_856v4010ENV (found in trading partner Project/ com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010 package). By default, the Customer name and the TP Name that is entered in the Wizard property file is added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the object must also be updated accordingly.
How to Run Flow
The following Projects must be deployed. If any of these are already deployed and are not modified, they need not be deployed again.
- Manually run the flow using Outbound856LaunchBPS has to be launched. See Starting Objects – Cleo for details on how to launch BPS manually.
- Automatically run the flow using Outbound856BPS which runs the flow based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow. Check the Auditor log entries, and verify the following in the CIC Cockpit.
-Messages, Jobs, Dashboard>Charts
In case the processing fails in any of the steps, then a ticket will be created; the same is visible in the Cockpit message tile, and job with Issue flag.
(Example of Cockpit error tile)
(Example of Cockpit error job)
Note: For details on Outbound EDI validation use cases and rules, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals for retrieving orders from NetSuite.
The Outbound856PS Scheduler (found in the following package - com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010 is currently configured to retrieve orders every 1 hour. You can change this to run more or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more info.
- Add more details to the X12 856 from the NetSuite invoice.
The values that are being mapped are documented in the LMS Template, which can be found in com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuite Project under the docs folder. However, if you wish to add any additional fields, then you must update the _TP_856v4010RS Ruleset, which can be found in the following package: com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n856.v4010.
Contact Cleo Support for assistance when adding Rules.