A search request is performed on NetSuite for any unprocessed Shipment records for a particular item.
If a record is found, it is then parsed and the matching Outbound Route is searched. If there is a match, a NetSuite Shipment record (i.e., csv data) is translated to an EDI 856 and sent to the trading partner.
This section describes the required integration settings for NetSuite to retrieve the Shipment records and transform them to EDI X12 856 format for the trading partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure Schedulers. Set the LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS Scheduler to initiate the 856 flow. (This can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.Shipmentpackage) The Scheduler runs every 4 hours by default. Configure the specific time interval based on your specific requirements. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details.
- Configure the Outbound Route.
Customer_Name field is used to identify the trading partner to whom the item fulfillment record should be sent.
- Configure the EDI Enveloper. The X12 856 envelope details and the trading partner Endpoint to which the X12 856 is to be sent should be configured in _TP_856v4010ENV (found in trading partner Project/
com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.refactor.n856.v4010package). By default, the customer name and the tp name entered in the Wizard property file are added to the sender id and receiver id, respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, _TP_856v4010ENV must also be updated accordingly.
Prerequisites - Folder Internal IDs and Names, Global Variables
After configuring the outbound 856 flow, the following prerequisites must be met before running.
- Folder Internal IDs. The Folder internal IDs being used in the Saved Search Scripts must be modified per the customer’s instance internal ID. The saved search script ID used is customscript_cleo_sch_856_go_script.
- Folder name in saved document search. In addition to updating folder internal IDs, you must update the folder name under the criteria tab in the saved document search so that it points to the appropriate transaction folder name. The saved search ID used is customsearch_cleo_ss_856_getcsvfile.
- Configure Global Variables with Archive Folder Internal ID. Global Variables must be initialized with the internal ID of the archival folder as per the customer instance. For this flow, update the Global Variable for ShipmentArchiveFolder.
Please see specific details for updating the NetSuite script for the steps noted above.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS to execute the flow based on the specified interval.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit error tile
Example of Cockpit error job
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change how often Shipments are retrieved from NetSuite.
The LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS scheduler (found in
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.shipmentpackage) is currently configured to retrieve inventory once every hour. You can change this to run more or less frequently. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more info.
- CSV data is converted to EDI here in _TP_856v4010RS. In the Ruleset, the Ref and Line Item details are fetched from the sales order lookup SQL for Header and Line level. Ref Look Up fetches the value from the database for REF Value and Qualifier identification. The Ruleset can be modified according to specific requirements. Fetched data from saved search is passed to the Translation step.
- Add more details to the X12 856 from the NetSuite Shipment. The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification, which can be found in
com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuiteProject under the docs folder. However, if you wish to add fields, then you must update the _TP_856v4010RS Ruleset, which can be found in the package,
Contact Cleo Support for assistance when adding Rules.