Also called the L2I cycle, Load Tender-to-Invoice is how your business receives, processes, manages, and completes Load Tender requests. The flow begins with a tender and includes each step of the delivery and payment process. In this case, TMW Truckmate represents the backend system.
This particular Accelerator contains prebuilt Schemas, Rulesets, Business Processes, and other resources used for development, deployment/execution. This includes mapping tools specific to several business flows as part of this Accelerator. Finally, there are also resources necessary to display data in several Cockpit monitoring pages.
Supported integration flows
The TMW Truckmate - EDI X12 L2I Accelerator comprises these business flows.
Prebuilt Integration Flows: CIC provides integration flows to receive X12 204 (Motor Carrier Load Tender) from Trading Partners and translate it to TMW supported FlatFile format. Once the Response To Load Tender is received it is translated to X12 990 and sent to the Trading Partner. When Shipment Status Message and Freight details/Invoice is received, FlatFile is converted to X12 214 and 210 respectively and sent to the Trading Partner. All the flows will also have the respective X12 997 (Func Ack) flow and outbound EDI validations included.
Logical Mapping Specification (LMS) Template: The document that explains the business rules applied while creating the inbound and outbound documents. The template helps in documenting any changes to the template integration as per your requirements.
Multiple Trading Partner Onboarding: The design lets you onboard multiple Trading Partners at once using the Wizard.
Email notification for unknown Trading Partner: If the Inbound/Outbound payloads are received where no matching configurations are found, an email notification is generated.
EDI Message Validations:
- Duplicate Inbound messages: The Accelerator has the logic to handle any duplicate EDI data retrieved from the Trading partner. If need be, this can be activated per partner or per doctype.
- Inbound/Outbound EDI Validation: Accelerator is enabled to catch any invalid EDI syntaxes in both Inbound and Outbound flow. The execution is stopped if there are any syntax errors. Settings can be changed to continue execution instead.
Error Handling and Ticket Creation: The Accelerator ensures all processing failures are logged as tickets and marked as issues in the Cockpit.
Out of the box Cockpit visibility: This Accelerator is already enabled with the resources necessary to display data in several CIC Cockpit monitoring pages.
- The Message Detail view (shown below) provides the life cycle of an Order until the Invoice is generated.
- The Accelerator is also enabled to have charts to monitor the various transactions.
- Dashboard > Chart transactions: Below are the screenshots of the charts from the dashboard for 204, 990, 214, and 210. Details about translated message counts are displayed.
What’s not supported
- X12 Accelerator supports X12 EDI Version 4010 only (currently).
- Consolidated Invoice is not supported as part of X12 810 integration.
- For Ship Notice (X12 856), only SOPI structure is supported currently.
Adding New Flows
You can extend the project to add a specific flow not already covered as part of the Accelerator.
Adding an inbound flow
The steps below will add an inbound 211 flow.
- Create a project with name com.cleo._customer_.edi.n211 in com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate.
- Create 211 EDI Schema (with the required version).
- New package has to be created com.cleo._customer_.edi.booster.tmwtruckmate project with name com.cleo._customer_.edi.booster.tmwtruckmate.inbound.211.
- Create FlatFile schema.
- Check out com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core.n211 and add it to the dependencies in com.cleo._customer_.tmwtruckmate._tp_ project.
- Create new package in com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate project with name com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate.inbound.n211.
- Create an inbound route BPS and configure it as required.
Create a package com.cleo._customer_.tmwtruckmate._tp_.inbound.n211.v4010 in com.cleo._customer_.tmwtruckmate._tp_project.
Create an inbound Route and configure it accordingly.
Create the transformation Ruleset as per requirements.
Deploy the projects that have changed.
Run and test.
Adding an outbound flow
The steps below will add an outbound 215 flow.
- Create a package in the com.cleo._customer_.edi Project and name it com.cleo._customer_.edi.n215.
- Create a 215 EDI Schema (with the required version).
- Create a package in the com.cleo._customer_.edi.booster.tmwtruckmate Project and name it com.cleo._customer_.edi.booster.truckmate.outbound.n215.
- Create FlatFile schema, Launcher and DARS.
- In the project com.cleo._customer_.edi.booster.tmwtruckmate, edit the OutboundBPS under the package com.cleo._customer_.edi.booster.tmwtruckmate.outbound. Add a String Contains task to check for the 215 document's filename and call the corresponding Launcher.
- Check out com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core.n215 and add it to the dependencies in com.cleo._customer_.truckmate._tp_ project.
- Create new package in com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate project with name com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate.outbound.n215.
- Create an Outbound Route BPS and configure it as required. For details refer to Outbound215RouteBPS under the com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate.outbound.n215 package.
- Create a package com.cleo._customer_.tmwtruckmate._tp_.outbound.n215.v4010 in the com.cleo._customer_. tmwtruckmate._tp_ project.
- Create a package in the com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp Project. Name it com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n846.v4010.
- Create an Outbound Route and configure it accordingly.
- Create the transformation Ruleset as per your mapping requirements.
- Create and configure the EDI Enveloper.
- Deploy the Projects that have changed
- Run and test.
Detailed documentation is provided on the Project structure and object-level details per each Accelerator. Please refer to theX12 L2I With TMW Accelerator document provided in com.cleo._customer_.editmwtruckmate Project under the docs folder.
Configure the global variables
Configure the B2BCloudAdminEmail (receiver) and B2BCloudHostEmail (sender) variables in the com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.B2BCloudGV Global Variable. These are resolved during failures and will trigger an e-mail.