There are dependencies between the latest Studio and Server updates. For this release functionality to operate fully, both server and studio should be at v5.1.18. Do not mix deployments.
There is no Product upgrade or migration path from Clarify v4 to v5.0. Existing Projects (those created in Clarify v4) can be upgraded to work with Clarify 5.0. See below, or you may contact Technical Support at +1 815-282-7894 or 1-866-444-CLEO (2536) for more information.
To use previous Clarify Projects
If you are currently using Clarify 4.x and would like to use those projects in Clarify 5.0, they must be manually upgraded in order to work with the 5.0 Studio and Server. To do so, use the Upgrade project configurations menu option for each Project to upgrade from your 5.x workspace.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Always update the Studio first.
- Update the Local Test server next.
- Update all remaining servers (QA, PROD, etc.).
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart. This means the Local Test server will be stopped.
- Back up your Studio installation directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Harmony messaging framework if integrated.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
What’s new in this current release
The latest release is 5.1.18. This release contains general enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development.
- Shopify Schema update/enhancement.
- NetSuite & Salesforce context caching performance enhancement.
- Updated Jetty to version 9.4.43.
- Added scope to handling WS Consumer Refresh Tokens.
Enhancements and fixes
- Fixed issue with WS Consumer not using substitution variables in URL.
- Fixed an NPE issue with SQL Access when using Insert or Delete with Output parameters.
- Fixed handling of NCHAR in v1 DB Adapter.
- Fixed an issue with Studio Scenario Deployment failing to update Local Test Server after changes are made.
Cleo Products Compatibility
Please be aware of the following compatibility between the different Cleo products and this current Clarify release.
- Recommended: v3.3.6
- v3.3.4 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5.03 server (and above). It will work with older server versions.
- v3.3.2 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5 server.
- v3.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Single Server.
Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader
- Recommended: v18.104.22.168
- Minimum: v5.4.1
- Recommended v22.214.171.124