There are dependencies between the latest Studio and Server updates. For this release functionality to operate fully, both Server and Studio should be at v5.1.20. Do not mix deployments.
Note: This release is for new Studio and Server installations and upgrades from versions 5.1 and above.
Direct upgrades from Clarify v4 are not supported.
There is no Product upgrade/migration path from Clarify v4 to v5.0. Existing Projects (those created in Clarify v4) can be upgraded to work with Clarify 5.0. See below, or you may contact Technical Support at +1 815-282-7894 or 1-866-444-CLEO (2536) for more information.
To use previous Clarify Projects
If you are currently using Clarify 4.x and would like to use those projects in Clarify 5.0, they must be manually upgraded in order to work with the 5.0 Studio and Server. To do so, use the Upgrade project configurations menu option for each Project to upgrade from your 5.x workspace.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Always update the Studio first.
- Update the Local Test server next.
- Update all remaining servers (QA, PROD, etc.).
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart. This means the Local Test server will be stopped.
- Back up your Studio installation directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Harmony messaging framework if integrated.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
What’s new in this current release
The latest release is 5.1.20. This release contains general enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development.
Improved ability for WS Consumer objects to retrieve HTTP response codes
Improvements to Clarify now make it easier to access HTTP response codes and messages when working with WS Consumer objects. This can be beneficial when building business logic around a WS Consumer that requires HTTP status codes. See Retrieving HTTP response details with a Web Service Consumer (REST).
Write CDATA XML tag within element when using v2 Ruleset & SOAP Consumer
Web Service Consumer (SOAP) functionality has been enabled with the CDATA standard, which allows users to add the HTTP header for the Web Service Consumers SOAP using Process environment variables, and send CDATA elements in the SOAP Payload without the need for encoding.
See the related Solution Center article to learn more about HTTP Headers and CDATA with respect to a Web Service Consumer.
D365 SCM Connector Enhancement - Include Expand Schema
The D365 SCM Connector now includes all navigation entities applicable for a given entity (SalesOrderHeaderV2, for example) in the response schemas of Get and GetById operations. This alleviates the manual step of merging payloads of different entities to prepare a single document (for example, displaying the merged payload in the cockpit). You can now directly map these objects using a single, expanded schema within your Ruleset. For more information see Step 4 of creating a connector Project.
Enhancements and fixes
- A "Filename" parameter can now be used in the HarmonyWithMetadata BP task to pass the filename directly to Harmony for when the file is sent via AS2 or SFTP.
- Fixed an issue in which errors were not logged when using the Run Transformation tool.
- Fixed an upgrade issue when going to Clarify 5.1.18 from 4.17 in which opening an active process within the Auditor log caused an internal error.
- Fixed an issue in which a user could not run a stored procedure with 'begin tran' and 'commit' in the SQL Statement.
- Fixed an issue in which Property Log Filter wasn't appearing in the Auditor.
- Fixed an issue in which you could not read an XML Element Attribute when the child tag had the same name.
- Fixed an issue in which the loading of AckCodes.xml would break Deploying ErrorActions on Routes.
- Fixed issues experienced in the Vault UI for Acumatica and Shopify Connectors.
- Fixed an issue that dealt with Salesforce Connector connectivity.
- Fixed a connection error (InvocationTargetException) in the MS Dynamics365 Connector.
- Improved the time it takes to execute a search request in NetSuite and Salesforce Connectors.
- Fixed an issue with Schema expansion in the MS Dynamics 365 Connector.
Cleo Products Compatibility
Please be aware of the following compatibility between the different Cleo products and this current Clarify release.
- Recommended: v3.3.10
- v3.3.4 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5.03 server (and above). It will work with older server versions.
- v3.3.2 is required for full compatibility with the Clarify v5 server.
- v3.2 is the minimum required version for use with a Single Server.
Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader
- Recommended: 5.8
- Minimum: v5.4.1
- Recommended v184.108.40.206
Please sign in to leave a comment.