A search is performed on MSD365 SCM to look for any unprocessed sales order records. If a record is found, it is analyzed and the matching outbound route is searched. If there is a match, the Sales order confirmation XML is translated to an EDI 855, and then sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the configuration to integrate D365 SCM to retrieve the Sales Order confirmation and transform it to EDI X12 855 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to Configure
- Configure the Process Scheduler: LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationPS.sched is scheduled to run every hour; adjust if necessary.
- Configure MSD365 SCM: If the SalesOrder confirmation is to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available sales order in D365 SCM, the following two custom fields must be configured with appropriate values.
- SALESORDERHEADERV2ENTITY/CICSOURCE= CIC_EDI
Note: Only Sales Order confirmation records that are in Pending, CICORDERCHANGE-NO, and CIC_EDI status are searched for.
- Configure the Outbound Route: The Customer account id in the confirmation source payload is used to identify which Trading Partner the Sales Order Acknowledgement should be sent to.
The Customer account id is used in the look-up against the table "D365_SCM_Partners'' to find the Trading Partner name. If the Trading Partner name is not matching with the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using Wizard, you need to update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_855v4010OR - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010 package.
- Configure the Enveloper: The X12 855 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 855 has to be sent should be configured in _TP_855v4010ENV - in the trading partner project under the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010 package.
By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file have been added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the same object must also be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationPS to kick off automatically based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow.
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message Tiles (Cockpit)
- Jobs (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the interval that Sales Order confirmation records are received from the D365SCM. The LaunchSalesOrderConfirmationPS - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010 package is currently configured to retrieve them every hour. Change the schedule per specific requirements.
- Add more details to the X12 855 from the D365 SCM Sales Orders. The values being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Spec template - in the com.cleo._customer_.edid365scm project under the docs folder. Note: If adding fields, the Ruleset _TP_855v4010RS - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n855.v4010 package - must also be updated accordingly.
- If modifying the Sales order confirmation source schema, the updateDynamicsSCMSalesOrderConfirmations.xsd - located in the same package - must also reflect these changes. Once done, you must also update the SalesOrderConfirmationsOBJ.xml.objSchema in com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm.salesOrderConfirmations per the revised xsd.
Please contact Cleo support if you need any assistance.