A search for any unprocessed invoice records is performed on D365SCM. If a record is found, it is analyzed and a search for the matching outbound route is done. If a match is found, the D365SCM Invoice XML is translated to an EDI 810 and sent to the Trading Partner (TP).
This section explains how to configure the integration with D365SCM to do the following:
- retrieve the Invoices
- transform the Invoices to EDI X12 810 format for the TP integration.
How to Configure
- Configure Process Schedulers: LaunchSalesOrderInvoicePS is scheduled to run every 1 hour; adjust if necessary. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
Configure D365 SCM: If the Invoice is to be converted to EDI and then sent to trading partners from all available invoices in D365SCM, the custom fields below must be configured with the appropriate values.
- Configure the Outbound Route: The Customer invoice account id mentioned in the invoice source payload is used to identify the TP to whom the 810 will be sent. The Customer account id is used in the look-up against the table "D365_SCM_Partners" to find the TP name. If the name does not match the ‘tpname’ used while creating the project using the Wizard, you must update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_810v4010OR - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010 package.
Configure the Enveloper: The 810 envelope details and the trading partner Endpoint (to which the 810 will be sent) must be configured in the _TP_810v4010ENV - found in the trading partner project under the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010 package.
By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file have been added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, then the same object must be updated.
How to Run the Flow
- Before proceeding, ensure that the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these Projects are already deployed and remain unmodified, there is no need to redeploy them. Similarly, if any of these Projects were not checked out to your Workspace, they can be skipped from the deployment process.
- Run the flow either manually or automatically:
- Manually run the Business Process flow by launching LaunchSalesOrderInvoiceBPS.
- Automatically run LaunchSalesOrderInvoicePS to kick off automatically based on the interval specified and flow is triggered.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View(Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors A ticket is generated; information will also be visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases See Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals at which Invoices are retrieved from D365SCM. The LaunchSalesOrderInvoicePS scheduler - in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010 package - is currently configured to retrieve Invoices every 1 hour. Adjust per your requirements.
- Add more details from the D365scm Invoice to the X12 810. The values that are being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Spec template - in the com.cleo._customer_.edid365scm project under docs folder.
Note: if additional fields are required, you must update the following Ruleset accordingly. TP_810v4010RS (from the D365scm Invoice) is in the com.cleo._customer_.d365scm._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010 package.
Note: If modifying the Invoice source schema, you must also modify the corresponding Dynamics365Invoice.xsd - located in the com.cleo._customer_.booster.d365scm/xsd package. Next, you must then update InvoiceDocumentOBJ.xml.objSchema - located in the same package - to reflect the changes.
- Contact Cleo Support if you need any assistance.