Changes and updates may occur in the cloud application or CIC which affect a Connector and its objects. When this occurs, you can easily update your existing Connector Project using the Cloud Connector Update option in CIC Studio.
Prerequisites: Please note that your Project must already exist in your Project Explorer, and be open. Otherwise, the Project will not be available for selection to update.
- From the main menu, select Cloud Connector Update.
- Select a Cloud Connector project to update.
- Select a specific Vault Entry containing the required auth information.
- Are you adding or removing an entity? If so, select the Add new APIs for Schema generation and/or remove existing APIs checkbox. If not, proceed to Step 6.
- If the checkbox in Add new APIs for Schema generation and/or remove APIs is selected, the next page will be the API selection page.
APIs already used for creating the connector will be pre-populated in the Selected section. Moving APIs from left (available) to right (selected) adds APIs. Moving from right to left removes the selected APIs.Note: As the number of selected APIs increases, the time taken to build the project also increases.
Verify the information is correct and press Finish to update the Connector.
The Recreate Connector Objects checkbox will be checked if new APIs are added or existing APIs are removed. Once the Finish button is pressed with the check box selected, it recreates and overrides all existing Connector Projects and their resources. This is useful when changes to a Schema occur outside of the Studio and after the initial Connector Project was created. For example, a new custom object or field was added by the external application, but the initial Cloud Connector was made before those changes. By selecting to recreate, these new changes will be utilized.
Please sign in to leave a comment.