The following general best practices may apply when working with database connections and CIC.
- If using a database as an ERP, then install the CIC Agent to access the Database if SSL connectivity is needed.
- One must use JAVA 8 compatible driver for database connectivity. Drivers can be downloaded from their respective DB pages or can be obtained with help from Cleo Support.
- Allowlist the CIC IP address on port 443 and 17000 wherever applicable that CIC connects to the database.
- In case of failures, always use at least 3 retries for a database insert after sleeping for 10 seconds.
- Foreign Key relation is not supported by CIC. Should this relation exist in a table, it is recommended to remove that constraint.
- We must have a Flag column based on which Data will be picked and it should be set once data was transformed successfully.
- If implementing/using a Stored Procedure, always ensure that it is well-analyzed and easily executable.
- For static data requiring transformation, use Reference Tables, as long as data can be shared.