The SAP S/4HANA Cloud connector supports both Basic authentication and Client Certificate authentication. The steps be describe how to create a new Vault entry.
- Open the CIC Studio and connect to the server.
- From the CIC Studio, go to File>New>Cloud Connector. This opens the Select Vault Entry dialog.
- Click the + button to create a new vault entry. Alternatively, you can also select a vault alias from the list if one is already created.
- Provide a vault entry alias name and select the environment. For example, sap.connector.
- Select SAP HANA Cloud from the list of available connectors.
- Select the authentication type to be used for the connector. Note: Auth type must match the Communication user configured. Examples of basic certificate-based authentication are shown below.
If the communication user was created with basic authentication, then select Basic as auth type. Authentication details (Host URL, Username, Password) must be provided as per the Communication user created.
If the communication user was created with client certificate authentication, select X509 for auth type. Authentication details (Host, Certificate Alias, etc) must be given as per requirement; the client certificate has to be uploaded, which was used to create the communication user.
The supported certificate types are:
- Certificate file of type .CER / .CRT and Private key file of type .PEM / .KEY
- Certificate file of type .P12 / .PFX and the certificate password if the uploaded file is password protected.
Note the certificate expiry date and make sure to renew the certificates before it expires.
- Once the details are validated, a new vault entry will be created.