If you currently have a support contract, you might want to periodically check if new VersaLex software is available for download or have the VersaLex application notify you via email alerts when new software is available. Cleo Technical Support may also request that you download new software.
Software Update Contact Information
- In the web UI, go to . In the native UI, select from the menu bar.
- The contact information defaults to the registration; change if necessary. Modify the connection type, if necessary.
- Optional. Specify AS/400 Options.
- If you are running the product on or interfaced to an AS/400 machine, click Update Options.
- Choose from the following options:
- Cleo LexiCom application only: If you are running on an AS/400, select Download and unzip AS/400 native software file.
- If you are running on or interfaced to an AS/400, select Download AS/400 network access software file.
- If this is the first time you are obtaining these files, select Still download event if already at current release/patch level.
- If you are not at the current release, you will need to install the current release before the AS/400 can be downloaded. If you are at the current release, the AS/400 files will be downloaded with a patch or by themselves. Click OK.
- Optional. Receiving Software Update Email Alerts — You can configure your system to send email alerts to your registered email address when a software update is available. This feature may be enabled in either of the following ways:
- Each time Check for Update is clicked and the software update email alerts have not already been enabled, a dialog box is displays a message asking if you would like to be notified of software updates in the future.
- Click Yes to enable software update email alerts. If you do not want to receive these email alerts, you may suppress future displays of this dialog by clicking No and selecting Don't ask me again at the bottom of this panel.
- Click Update Options and select the Send email when updates are available check box.
- Click OK.
Note: Future software update email alerts may be disabled at any time by deselecting this setting.
- Manual Patch File Install
- If you are unable to access the Cleo website from the computer where the Cleo software is installed and a patch file has been emailed to you, click Update Options.
- Click ... and after selecting the zip file, screens similar to the ones below will walk you through installation of the patch.
- Click Check for Update. The Cleo web site is queried and the notes relative to the release or release and patch are displayed.
Note: If the active license is a permanent license, the Cleo web site also returns license information. If any discrepancies are found, software update is interrupted.
- If you are not at the current release, click Continue to start the download of the install. You will be prompted to select the temporary location for the install file. Remember this location as you may want/need to run the install manually. The install file is then downloaded.
- Once the download is complete, you have the option of either starting the install immediately or waiting until later. If you are running as a Windows service or Unix daemon, be sure to stop the service/daemon before the install and restart the service/daemon after the install.
If you are updating from one patch level to the current patch level, the changes between the two patches are highlighted with bold text when displayed or with a “+” when saved or printed.
- If you are at the current release but not at the current patch level, click Continue to start the download of the patch file.
- Once the download is complete, you are ready to install the patch. Click OK.
The product will then do the following:
- wait for any currently running actions,
- backup any files that will be overwritten
- apply the patch files, and
If you are running as a Windows service or Unix daemon, be sure to restart the service/daemon.