Once the self-signed user certificate has been generated, create and copy a PEM (Privacy Enhanced Mail)-formatted Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and paste it onto a web form on a Certificate Authority (CA) website. The CSR contains the public key of the key pair generated with the user certificate.
- In the web UI, go to Certificates button in the tool bar.. In the native UI, go to or click the
- Right-click a user certificate in the tree pane and select
.The CSR Generation dialog box appears.Note: Certificate Manager will only allow a CSR to be generated for a self-signed certificate.
- Enter the private key password and click OK. Use the same password that was used to generate the self-signed user certificate.
- In the web UI, the CSR is downloaded. In the native UI, the CSR is displayed in a dialog box and you must click Copy to copy the CSR into the clipboard.
- Paste the CSR into the CA's web form.