- In the web UI, go to . In the native UI, select in the menu bar.
- Select any combination of host files, configuration files, user certificates, and CA certificate files.
If you select a user certificate for export, you must also provide a private key password. User certificates and associated private keys are exported as PKCS#12 files.
You can also select any additional files, but typically you would not want to include the following:
- Cleo Harmony, Cleo VLTrader, or Cleo LexiCom libraries (.jar files)
- Java runtime environment (jre/ files)
- User certificate/private key store (data/ files).
Note: User certificates/private keys can be exported individually.
You can export a partial host by right-clicking on a host and selecting a set of mailboxes or actions. Alternatively, you can export a partial host export by selecting Export…from a mailbox or action in the active host tree. The configuration, user, and trading partner certificates corresponding only to the selected hosts can also be exported by selecting the For selected host(s) only check box in the respective table. If you initiate export process from the active host tree, the dialog box offers the same options overall.
Two specially named additional files, prereadme.txt and postreadme.txt, if included during , are displayed as pre-import and post-import instructions when an exported file is imported.Note: As an added security feature, the Additional File(s) section of the dialog may be removed by setting the cleo.file.export.additional.files system property to false in the conf/system.properties file or by using a
-D cleo.file.export.additional.files=falsecommand-line parameter. This property only affects the dialog launched from the menu option and does not affect exporting additional files via the command line. See Running from the command line for more information.
- Select a suitable passphrase and confirm it.
This passphrase is used to encrypt secure content (for example, passwords) within the selected files. Additionally, this passphrase is used to AES encrypt the entire exported zip file. The passphrase must be a minimum of 8 characters in length. Note that the length of the password determines the strength of the AES encryption key. Refer to the following table for guidance.
Password Length AES Key Strength < 8 invalid -- too weak 8 <= length < 32 128-bit key (weakest) 32 <= length < 48 192-bit key 48 <= length < 64 256-bit key (strongest)Note: The passphrase is case sensitive and that all preceding and succeeding whitespace of the passphrase is trimmed and ignored.
- Click Export.
- Select the location to save the exported zip file and click Save.
- Optionally, click Save As to save current filter settings to an XML file. You can use this XML file later to recall these settings using Open or with the , , or c -b command-line option (see Running from the command line).
You export user files to save configuration data you can later import into a Cleo Harmony, Cleo VLTrader, or Cleo LexiCom system.