A Database Adapter is an object used to manage database information through Clarify.
Database Adapters are used primarily to select data from and insert transformed data into a database. However, they can also aid in the management of database information. They can update columns in a single record or a group of records. They can also delete an individual record or a range of records. Database interaction is confined to a single database, but can span multiple tables.
- Database-Select Adapters select data from one or more tables. You can configure which records are selected, how they are ordered, and how tables are joined together.
- Database-Insert Adapters insert records into one or more tables. You can configure transaction boundaries by enforcing commit and roll back.
- Database-Update Adapters update one or more columns on one or more tables. Common uses include changing a status from one value to another.
- Database-Delete Adapters delete records from one or more tables. You can configure transaction boundaries by enforcing commit and roll back.
How the Object Works
Clarify Business Processes use Database Adapters to perform database operations on data. Selecting data for transformation or writing data immediately after transformation activity are the most common uses. In addition to the data, Business Processes can supply runtime directions to the Adapter. For example, you may want to supply the order status of the records you want to select from the database. The Business Process can supply the status value (and other common runtime values) which the Database Select Adapter will use to filter when selecting the data.
To use a Database Adapter, you must:
- Create a Database Adapter.
- Define a Database Adapter.
- Reference a Database Adapter within a Business Process.
Please sign in to leave a comment.