Creating this object creates the attributes used in an Outbound EDI Route.
- Select File | New | Application Interface from the main menu bar.
Note: If you right-click the package to which the object will reside before creating it, Clarify automatically populates the Source and Package names in the New Application Interface window.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Finish. An editor appears.
Defining an Application Interface creates the individual attributes that will identify the purpose of outgoing data and to which trading partner it should be sent. These will be available to use in an Outbound EDI Route.
These steps take place in the Application Interface editor.
- Under the Attributes section, click the Add button to create an attribute. The default text Attribute appears in the list.
- Type a new name to describe the attribute and click Enter.
Note: You are only creating labels for the attributes in this object; you will set the values for each attribute from within each Outbound EDI Route that refers to this Application Interface object.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 until you have all the Attributes needed for your Outbound EDI Route(s).
- Click Save to complete this task.