The ExecuteSimpleDatePurge Business Process task purges log records and associated transaction data. Once a record is deleted, it cannot be retrieved.
Parameters for this task include:
- Delete All Data Older Than: Deletes all log records older than the date range (parameter/field/variable) entered.
- Delete Transaction Data Older Than: Deletes all log records older than the date range (parameter/field/variable) entered, with the exception of the Connection and Interchange logs.
- Delete Virtual Disk Data Older Than: Deletes all virtual disk data older than the date range (parameter/field/variable) entered.
Defining Parameters for this task
- Parameters are used to supply data between Business Processes and other objects. A parameter in one Business Process can receive variable data from another Business Process. These can also be defined in the Business Process itself, via the Parameters section.
- Variables are data created inside the Business Process and used only in the Business Process where it was created. These can also be defined in the Business Process itself, via the Variables section.
In the example below, a variable (Purge15Day) and a parameter (PurgeWhen) have been created and can be selected.
The Date Literal tab provides a calendar tool, shown below, to select a specific calendar day and specific hour, minute, and second to purge.
The Long Literal tab may specify a number of days based on the numeric value entered. A day indicates a period of 24 hours from when the Business Process launches. For example, if the parameter is set to 5 days and the purge is executed on the 20th of the month at 10:05:30 PM, then the process purges the logs prior to the 15th of the month at 10:05:30 PM.