Software updates are made available periodically. These updates may provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, updated EDI Standards, and other advances and improvements. Some licensing requirements may apply.
Before you begin:
- The Server automatically shuts down after updates have installed, at which point you will be required to manually restart the Server. Please ensure access to the Server.
It is recommended to schedule the update at a time when server interruption has minimal impact.
- Verify all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done.
- Back up your Server install directory.
- Temporarily stop external notifications being sent to Clarify during the update process; this includes the Clarify/Secure Exchange (ESX) messaging framework, if integrated.
The following steps take place from within the Admin Console.
Note: The Server being updated must be started prior to starting the following procedure.
- Select the specific Server to apply update to. This can be done from the Server Environment drop-down.
- Suspend the Server by clicking the Suspend button. For more information see Managing Studio Connections to Remote Servers
Note: Allow all running processes to finish.
- Click the Update Server button. The Update Server window appears, showing available updates.
Note: This button is only enabled once the Server has been suspended.
- Select the update by clicking the related checkbox. Click Next.
Note: An update that displays a red plus sign indicates an update that has not yet been installed.
- Review the items to be installed as described in the Details section. Click Finish when ready to install.
Note: While the Details section provides a summary description of update details, additional information can be found in the Update Release Compilation document available on the Support Portal of Cleo.com.You will be prompted: The Server will automatically be shut down after updates are installed. Please ensure access to the machine is available to manually restart the Server before continuing. Are you sure you would like to continue? Click Yes to restart and complete the update.
Please sign in to leave a comment.