Manage the different reports, menu options, menu text, and other resources that are available on Dashboard views by using Manage Menu Options.
Creating a menu option is done by clicking Add New Record. Copying an existing record can also be done using Copy Record () available in each row, along with view and delete. At this point the following information can be entered.
- Major Group: Represents the highest level section(s) of the Dashboard screen. The default Dashboard's Admin and User views are examples.
- Minor Group: Represents the options that display within a Major Group.
- Menu Option ID: an internal value that identifies a Dashboard resource - report, inquiry, menu - in the Security interface.
Note: When creating a custom dashboard view, these IDs must be created as unique versions to differentiate default associations. Please refer to the Customization example for a demonstration.Note: This Help provides a reference tool to match a Dashboard resource with the correct ID.Menu Text: Represents the text that displays.
- URL: Identifies the path to the data dictionary and report.
- Sequence Number (optional): For example, enter a Sequence Number to sort individual menu options within a Minor Group. However, not entering a Sequencing number will sort your applications alphabetically by default.