Create an Event to send data to a Business Process. It is used with a source interface object, such as a File Monitor, Database Monitor, Email Receive Monitor, or Message Filter.
- Select File | New | Event from the main menu. The New Event window appears.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Finish. An editor appears
You can also use the Wizard to create this object. Click New to select the object.
Defining an Event associates a Business Process determines the data to be passed from the Event, and then maps specific parameters to Business Process parameters.
- Under the Settings section, either select or create the Business Process to launch from this Event. Click on the field to select an available Business Process, or click the Business Process link to open an editor in which you can create one. You can not create an Event without an associated Business Process. Once you select an existing Business Process, note that Parameters and Parameter Mapping sections are automatically populated with required parameters specific to that selected Business Process.
- Under the Parameters section, add Event parameters by clicking the Add button; assign a name and type for each parameter. This instructs Clarify which parameters are to be passed to the parameters of the selected Business Process. In addition to the payload, other Event parameters may be available; this depends on the type of interface object launching the Event.
- Under the Parameter Mapping section, match the Business Process Parameter with the Event Parameter. Click in the Event Parameters section to set the Event parameter. Business Process parameters will only match with Event parameters of the same type.
- Click Save to complete this task.