These steps describe how to use the Project Generator to create a non-EDI Project.
The Copy Project option duplicates a selected Project and renames resources through the use of substitution and replacement values. While the Project Generator copies and renames all Project resources, additional configuration and defining of resources will still need to be performed. This option suits non-EDI Projects.
Note: While the option suits non-EDI Projects, an EDI Project may in fact serve as the Template Project. No values, such as Sender or Receiver IDs, however, will be mapped to the Inbound EDI Route or EDI Enveloper objects.
The following prerequisites apply.
- There must be at least one Project in the same Workspace that you’ll be using to generate a new Project.
- Always have the Local Test Server stopped at time of Project generation.
- Choose the Project Template. This is an existing Project from which you will model the new Project.
To do this, go to the Project Explorer view, select the Project Template and right-click, choosing Clarify Project Generator. A wizard appears, displaying the selected Project Template, Template Project Type, and several Operation options.Note: You can also use the New button. Just be sure to have the Template Project selected before you do.
The Template Project Type either displays EDI (X12 or EDIFACT) or non-EDI. For this procedure, the type should normally be Non-EDI.
Operation refers to different options and source data to be used to generate the Project. Choices include EDI Sample Data, Trading Partner .csv file, or Copy Project (non-EDI).
- Select the Copy Project operation radio button, and click Next to proceed. The next wizard screen appears, displaying the Project Template and the Substitution Value fields.
- Specify a Substitution Value. This non-EDI Project identifier is a Template Project value that will be replaced with another (substitution) value which you determine; this substitution occurs throughout all resources that contain this identifier.
To do this, click the Add button to add a new value, and type the Project Name Replacement Value(s) in the enabled row.Note: Valid naming conventions apply.
- Click Finish to complete this process.
Please sign in to leave a comment.